At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our nine major business lines include Business Banking, Middle Market Banking, Government and Institutional Banking, Corporate Banking, Commercial Real Estate, Financial Institutions Group, Wells Fargo Commercial Capital, Wells Fargo Securities, and the Investment Portfolio. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
Wells Fargo Commercial Capital (WFCC) combines Wholesale’s secured lending businesses including Asset Backed Finance (ABF), Commercial Distribution Finance (CDF), Corporate Trust Services (CTS), Wells Fargo Capital Finance (WFCF) and Wells Fargo Equipment Finance (WFEF). This consolidated group of businesses helps customers leverage their company’s assets into flexible financing solutions. WFCC is a leading contributor to Wholesales revenue, assets, and net income.
Wells Fargo Rail, a division of Wells Fargo Commercial Capital, is the largest and most diverse rail equipment operating lessor in North America, with more than 175,000 railcars and 1,800 locomotives. Based in Rosemont, IL, Wells Fargo Rail has the largest fleet of any rail operating lessor in North America, serving the North American market for rail equipment with customers in the U.S., Canada, and Mexico.
This position is within Wells Fargo Commercial Capital - Corporate Trust Services (CTS) - Document Custody
Performs a variety of operational tasks for the most complex processes or functions. Takes accountability for entire process from receipt of work to resolution and closure. Tasks require coordination of information among various operational areas and customers. Uses multiple online systems. Duties may include: receiving and reviewing incoming work, contacting appropriate resources as needed; entering transactions into CRT/PC, verifying accuracy; balancing general ledger accounts; resolving complex customer issues using multiple resources and records; preparing, editing, distributing, and/or correcting specialized and/or complex documents. Works under general supervision following established procedures. Exercises some judgment within guidelines. Considered a subject matter expert on operational issues related to process or function. Acts as escalation point for less senior processors for complex issues or transactions, providing training as needed.
This position is part of the Commercial Mortgage Backed Securities (CMBS) Certifications Team within Document Custody. This position works with the Relationship Management, Vault, and Release Operations Teams. This position performs the following duties:
• Receive and identify the contents of incoming packages.
• Complete the initial review and deposit of new loan files and trailing documents onto the system of record (embTRUST).
• Complete a second review of existing loan files for transfer.
• Review and deposit trailing documents received.
• Review and process documents being returned to the customer.
• Quality Check other Team Members processing, as needed.
• Performing special projects as assigned.
• May assist with cross-training of co-workers and temporary staff as needed.
• Make recommendations on streamlining processes and process improvements.
Shift will be Mon. – Fri.: 7:30 am – 4:00 pm or 8:00 am – 4:30 pm.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.Required Qualifications
- 18+ months of experience in one or a combination of the following: operations, customer interaction, production or general office environment
- Ability to work in a fast paced deadline driven environment
- Solid problem solving skills
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Strong time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to independently provide summary and recommendations on operational data
- Ability to navigate multiple computer systems, applications, and utilize search tools to find information
- Basic Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrated ability to handle detail-oriented work with varying levels of complexity while balancing levels of quality and quantity.
- Ability to adapt to an ever-changing operations environment and shifting priorities.
- Work schedule flexibility.
- Experience with reviewing mortgage documents.
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.