Cedar Crest is a 130-acre senior living campus located in Pompton Plains, NJ. Our team members enjoy the opportunity to work in a vibrant community situated in the rolling hills and scenic valleys of historic Morris County.
For professionals dedicated to helping seniors live life to the fullest, Cedar Crest provides a rewarding alternative to the typical retirement community career. Our team members help each resident achieve the most active and independent lifestyle possible. In fact, almost everything our residents need can be found on campus or nearby. There is an abundance of amenities available, as well as hundreds of clubs and activities, excellent on-site restaurants, a state-of-the-art medical center, an all-season pool, and a fitness center. For this reason, Cedar Crest continually offers career opportunities in three major categories: Healthcare, Dining and Community Support.
The Custom Interiors Support Coordinator will provide administrative/clerical support.
*This is a part time (20 hours/week) position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Answer calls and take requests for work to be done from residents and staff.
• Enter and close all work orders and distribute to various departments.
• Maintain the schedule for Custom Interiors appointments.
• Maintain inventory of office supplies.
• Maintain filing for all residential apartments and vendors….these files are kept here in the customs office
• Maintain and update the project tracking spreadsheet.
• Assist with word processing assignments when necessary.
• Administrative support for invoices and payments.
• Collect new incoming residents when they come for customs appointments.
• Handle residents questions and set appointments when they drop into the customs office.
• Process credit card payments and checks that come to customs office.
• Go on smaller customs appointments in place of Customs Coordinator. Mostly when Custom Coordinator has already met with them and they are picking colors.
• Obtain some of the smaller quotes like window treatments and small internal jobs and call residents with them. Helps to be in the office so are familiar with complete custom job.
• Measure windows for upcoming appointments.
• Print off invoices from AX for approval and add to chart.
• Research items residents are requesting while they are on appointment with Coordinator so they can see it while they are still in the office with us.
• Type up customs lists.
• Be familiar with all on going customs work.
• Open doors in the mornings for Next Day Blinds measure and installs and let gatehouse know when they will be on campus
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to function independently.
• Working knowledge of building systems.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to assess resident concerns, and resolve in a friendly and professional manner.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma or GED required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• 3 or more years’ experience in an office environment, or within a department with responsibility for facilities management.
• Customer service experience preferred.
• Must be able to read, write, understand and communicate effectively in the English language.