Are you passionate about the customer experience? Do you gain needed energy from strategic thinking? Are you curious by nature and motivated by challenges? If so, look no further! The Customer Experience Director leads efforts in building a best in class customer experience. This position oversees the day to day management of strategic enterprise wide OMNI channel initiatives. This role will focus on leading design, change management and transforming our consumer capabilities across the enterprise.
In this role, you will skillfully design and support the implementation of a best-in-class customer experience capabilities (Project OMNI). Your objective is to deliver a solution which meets the unmet needs of both our customers and internal stakeholders. Your work is strategic as well as tactical as you execute against a multi-year roadmap while also focusing on continuously improving in a post implementation world. With a strategic bend you will partner across the organization and formulate the perfect experience design which leverages technology in a way that eradicates customer pain. Your efforts will directly contribute to the Optum growth story.
The customer Experience team is positioned to lead an OMNI cross - channel experience strategy across the enterprise. The desired outcome is a simple, smart and seamless customer experience and OMNI is the catalyst to making this a reality. Our North Star is NPS.
This strategy is being built in partnership with key enterprise stakeholders. In this role you will actively contribute to writing and selling the story. You will set the agenda and secure capital from stakeholders. You will lead and support critical OMNI implementation efforts from conception to completion.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Serves as a leader and process expert on capability initiative teams to ensure the successful design and implementation of process designs
- Accountable for measurable results in terms of project benefit realization
- Provides business leadership and business support in capital planning, capability roadmap development, business solution design and program / project delivery for IT investments
- Develop industry leading market position in Voice of the Customer and Quality Management processes and results across a matrixed organization Design and development of end - to - end consumer experiences & capabilities
- Develop, implement, monitor and direct comprehensive customer-driven quality programs that support business segment objectives and result in improved quality, increased customer satisfaction, lowered operating costs, improved production and enhanced levels of performance
- Drive on - going assessment of all business processes to achieve customer satisfaction
- Accountability for a multi-million dollar portfolio to implement Customer Experience capabilities, tools, vendor solutions and technology ($40M first year)
- Positions in this function include those responsible for management and administration of multiple functions, or management of general business operations
- Manages multiple levels of staff and multiple functions
- Management leadership internal and external to organization, accountable for financial and non - financial results
- Provides leadership to and is accountable for the performance and results of diverse or broad functions through multiple layers of management
- Impact of work is most often at the business segment or enterprise level
- Resolve discrete customer experience problems identified through trend data and feedback
- Embed customer - centric behaviors into the operation / organization
- Bring discipline to customer experience management
- Benchmark and adopt best practices
- Drive competitive advantage through systematic activities
- Lead a team to develop the Operations short and long - term strategy for the 25,000+ employees in Operations, keeping in mind customer needs
- Leading change across people, process and technology
- Responsible for organization and program management budget
- Champion the efforts to deliver a consistent experience and customer satisfaction
- Establish business strategy that aligns to goals and framework
- Identify and leverage cross - segment resources
- Work collaboratively with other parts of the business at all levels
- Champion the need for change, assesses change readiness and change management
- Lead large and highly matrix teams to include process, project, technology, etc.
- Identifying alternative channels of communication around customer experience
- Collaborate with the senior leaders to develop strategies and tactics
- Proactively initiate and drive change in processes, tools and capabilities
- Bachelor’s Degree (or acceptable work related experience)
- 10+ years of experience engaged in road mapping and capital planning activities for a multi - million dollar portfolio of customer centric initiatives.
- 10+ years of experience in customer centric design (customer journeys, personas, ect.)
- 5+ years of leadership accountability in successfully delivering against customer experience growth metrics (i.e. NPS)
- 5+ years of leadership experience prioritizing and executing against a multi - year customer experience agenda
- 10+ years of experience in business program / project management, delivering multiple large cross - organizational programs and leading strategic and operational transformation initiatives of diverse scope in a cross - functional environment
- 10+ years of experience and a proven track record of driving major transformational change and delivering measurable results, and developing and leading customer experience programs or initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to drive and articulate customer centric change
- Demonstrated skill at communicating and articulating consumer experience with an emphasis on compassion
- Demonstrated skill at presenting and influencing for senior level executives and at all levels within multi - business segments
- Intrapersonal relationship and communication skills
- Creative thinking, thought leader and driver of innovation
- Demonstrated success and experience in development of quality improvement strategies
- Demonstrated financial cost savings resulting from quality improvement
- Demonstrated success in productivity / operational effectiveness
- Work closely with partners including Business Analyst and IT teams to identify requirements to support the process and service solutions
- Ability to build strong, credible relationships within the capabilities, other businesses and with the organization
- Proven ability to independently and successfully apply process acumen to process improvement projects, with measurable business performance improvement outcomes
- Significant experience leading Enterprise-wide programs in a large scale, multi-site, service business
- Experience successfully building high performing teams, developing talent, and driving high employee engagement
- Proven ability to champion change and innovation, drive business transformation and operational change
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with ability to present to and influence senior leadership, governance forums, and stakeholders across the organization
- Good analytical, conceptual and problem solving skills to evaluate business problems / needs, apply knowledge, and identify solutions
- Strong financial management discipline and abilities
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Customer Experience IVR & Telephony Director, Eden Prairie, Minnesota, MN, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Working from Home, Customer initiatives, Leadership