Even if you have no prior experience, we have training classes starting soon to help you build the successful career that you want - apply today! We provide the support and structure, you provide the interest and motivation.
When you join us as a Customer Service Advocate for UnitedHealthcare, you’ll have the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of our health plan members each day as they look to you as their trusted advisor and advocate. You’ll be empowered to compassionately deliver an exceptional experience to between 50 to 70 callers per day - always remembering that there is a real person on the other end of the phone who is looking for help, guidance, and support. You’ll help them make informed decisions about their care services by answering their questions, resolving their issues or helping them enroll in and/or select a health plan. You'll do this by developing and maintaining a productive relationship and interaction with all callers, while providing personalized, and consultative education and information. Here, you’ll join us on a mission to deliver the best customer service in the health care industry. Period. Your compassion and customer service expertise combined with our support, training and development will ensure your success. This is no small opportunity. This is where you can bring your compassion for others while doing your life’s best work. sm
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday - Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8 hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of (8am to 8pm). It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime or weekends. Our office is located at 505 Boices Lane, Kingston, NY 12401.
To learn even more about this position, hear from other Customer Service Advocates. Click here to watch a short video about the job: http://uhg.hr/customerserviceadvocate1
(Note: these videos are labeled with our internal job title of Health Advisor)
- Respond to and resolve on the first call, customer service inquires and issues by identifying the topic and type of assistance the caller needs such as benefits, eligibility and claims, financial spending accounts and correspondence
- Intervene with care providers (doctor’s offices) on behalf of the customer to assist with appointment scheduling or connections with internal specialists for assistance when needed
- Assist customers in navigating myuhc.com and other UnitedHealth Group websites and encourage and reassure them to become self-sufficient
- Own problem through to resolution on behalf of the customer in real time or through comprehensive and timely follow-up with the member
- Research complex issues across multiple databases and work with support resources to resolve customer issues and/or partner with others to resolve escalated issues
- Meet the performance goals established for the position in the areas of: efficiency, call quality, customer satisfaction, first call resolution , program referral rate and attendance
- Proactively educate and enroll members into programs to improve their health and well-being while saving them money
- Prefer 1 year prior experience in an office setting, call center setting or phone support role, but not required
- An education level of at least a high school diploma or GED OR 10 years of equivalent working experience
- Demonstrated ability in using computer and Windows PC applications, which includes strong keyboard and navigation skills and learning new computer programs
- Demonstrated ability to quickly build rapport and respond to customers in a compassionate manner by identifying and exceeding customer expectations (responding in respectful, timely manner, consistently meeting commitments)
- Demonstrated ability to listen skillfully, collect relevant information, determine immediate requests and identify the current and future needs of the member
- Proficient problem solving approach to quickly assess current state and formulate recommendations
- Proficient in translating healthcare-related jargon and complex processes into simple, step-by-step instructions customers can understand and act upon
- Flexibility to customize approach to meet all types of member communication styles and personalities
- Proficient conflict management skills to include ability to resolve issues in a stressful situation and demonstrating personal resilience
- All new hires will be required to successfully complete the Customer Service training classes and demonstrate proficiency of the material
- Ability to work regularly scheduled shifts within hours of operation including training.
- Ability to work in a structured environment with schedule breaks, lunches and business required overtime and maintain adherence to schedule.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: customer service representative, customer service, CSR, UnitedHealth Group, call center, UnitedHealthcare, health care, office, phone support, training class