You want more challenge. You want more opportunity. Even more, you want the chance to make an impact the lives of others. We want more people like you. When you join us as a Customer Service Advocate for Optum360 supporting Quest Diagnostics Revenue Cycle Operations, you'll have the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of our health plan members each day as they look to you as their trusted advisor and advocate.
You'll be empowered to compassionately deliver an exceptional experience to an average of 70 callers per day always remembering that there is a real person on the other end of the phone who is looking for help, guidance, and support. You'll help them make informed decisions about their care services by answering their questions, resolving their issues or helping them enroll in and/or select a health plan. You’ll do this by developing and maintaining a productive relationship and interaction with all callers, while providing personalized, and consultative education and information. Here, you'll join us on a mission to deliver the best customer service in the health care industry. Period. Your compassion and customer service expertise combined with our support, training and development will ensure your success. This is no small opportunity. This is where you can bring your compassion for others while doing your life's best work.(SM)
- Answer a high volume of monitored calls, an average of 70 calls per day per representative.
- Resolve and document customer service inquires on the first call. Inquires may include but are not limited to billing questions, payment plans, payments, patient pricing, re-billing insurance companies, processing adjustments, refunds, bill transfers, mail returns , appealing and filing claims and any action needed to resolve issues.
- Maintain tracking log of all escalated patient correspondence, providing status updates to leadership as needed.
- Offer the patient the opportunity to take the customer service survey at the end of the call.
- Research, troubleshoot and/or partner with others to resolve complex issues and customer complaints.
- Evaluate and respond to all aspects of written or received correspondence.
- Ask for patient payments and process credit card payments if necessary.
- Report problems, errors, and denial trends to management including PHI breaches.
- Meet or exceed all production quality goals and adhere to all policies and procedures.
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to adhere to a fixed schedule 8 hour shift 8:30am - 5:00pm Monday-Friday
- 1+ years of customer service experience
- Demonstrated ability in using computer and Windows PC applications including MS Outlook (send email / update calendar)
- Call center or medical billing experience
- Ability to resolve calls, avoiding escalated complaints
- Ability to exhibit empathy to callers
- Ability to triage and handle escalated situations
- Ability to function in a fast paced environment
- Frequent speaking, listening using a headset, sitting, use of hands/fingers across keyboard or mouse, long periods of time working at a computer
- Service center environment with moderate noise level due to Representatives talking, computers, printers, and floor activity
In today's ultra-competitive job market, the importance of putting your best foot forward is more important than ever. And you can start by completing all required sections of your application. (i.e. profile, history, certifications and application/job questions). Once you submit your resume, you'll receive an email with next steps. This may include a link for an on-line pre-screening test that we ask you to complete as part of our selection process. You may also be asked to complete a digital video interview, but we will offer full instructions and tips to help you. After you have completed all of these steps, you can check on the status of your application at any time, but you will also be notified via e-mail.
Careers with OptumInsight. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the Healthcare industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life’s best work.SMDiversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Optum360, pathology, billing, Ameripath, insurance, customer service representative, customer service, CSR, UnitedHealth Group, call center, UnitedHealthcare, health care, office, phone support, training classJob, Quest Diagnostics