Department:OH1FC_22000_000 Emergency Department
Expected Weekly Hours:0
Shift:12 Hour Evening Shift
Position Purpose:An affiliation of Mount Carmel and Fairfield Medical Center, Diley Ridge Medical Center is a state-of-the-art medical complex that includes emergency, inpatient and diagnostic services as well as an attached medical office building. Located in Canal Winchester, the center serves patients throughout northern Fairfield County, including the communities of Pickerington, Groveport, Canal Winchester, Carroll, Baltimore and Violet Township.
At Diley Ridge Medical Center, we’re proud to be a part of the lives of the people in our community. That's why we're looking for Customer Service Associates who have a strong spirit of community, sense of teamwork and constant focus on excellence.
Job Description Details:
Job Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- High School Diploma, GED or three years relevant customer service experience preferred.
- Able to perform data entry.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates the ability to diffuse & handle difficult situations.
- Demonstrates good judgment in dealing with patients & clinical staff.
- Demonstrates resilience, a positive attitude and the ability to work well in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Job Related Skills: Good communication, human relationship, & team orientation skills when dealing with co-workers, patients, families, physicians, and general public.
- BLS Healthcare Provider required within 60 days.
Director of Patient Care Services, Assistant Clinical Manager, Charge Nurse or designee
- Service Excellence:
- Exhibits the Service Excellence Behavior Standards, role modeling excellence for all to see. For example: demonstrates friendliness and courtesy, effective communication creates a professional environment and provides first class service.
- Acts as a liaison between family and clinical staff.
- Promptly answers telephone, acknowledges, greets and assists any customer entering the facility.
- Strives to meet or exceed the expectations of patients, visitors and other staff members, in the spirit of quality & excellence.
- Provides for periodic rounding on patients & families, providing updates and initiating service recovery on identified issues.
- Positively & professionally communicates with other hospital departments to obtain or provide patient information.
- Communicates with all staff members in an accurate and timely manner.
- Safe Practice:
- Completes assigned responsibilities according to policies, procedures, & organizational guidelines.
- Initiates appropriate emergency procedures.
- Maintains a safe work environment.
- Provides for a safe environment for patients.
- Responds appropriately to any emergency situation.
- Computer Skills:
- Utilizes computer systems, appropriate to position effectively.
- Appropriate use of the internet and intranet.
- Assumes responsibility to facilitate improvements in patients care, staff & physician relationships and the working climate.
- Utilizes appropriate problem solving techniques during interactions with all internal & external customers.
- Assumes responsibility for completing own education, attends in-services and departmental meetings.
- Assists in orientation of new staff, and participates in student instruction and experiences when requested.
- Accepts responsibility for being pro-active in cost effective utilization of supplies and resources.
- Assists in maintenance of departmental compliance with continuous regulatory readiness.
Other Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for compliance with Organizational Integrity through raising questions and promptly reporting actual or potential wrongdoing.
- Participates in and coordinates with organizational process to collect and evaluate information about hazards and safety practices that are used to identify safety management issues. Adheres to established policies and procedures, which may include wearing of personal protective equipment.
- Participates in and fosters a performance improvement approach that includes both intradepartmental and interdepartmental activities.
- Exhibits a customer service and community focus; willing to represent Diley Ridge within the community when requested.
- Fosters a climate that will assist Diley Ridge Medical Center to fulfill its mission.
- Accepts other duties as assigned.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.