Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.
When you work with UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual, what you do matters. It's that simple...and it's that challenging.
In providing consumer - oriented health benefit plans to millions of people, our goal is to create higher quality care, lower costs and greater access to health care. Join us and you will be empowered to achieve new levels of excellence and make a profound and personal impact as you contribute to new innovations in a vital and complex system.
Regardless of your role at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual, the support you feel all around you will enable you to do what you do with energy, integrity, and confidence. So, take the first step in what is sure to be a fast - paced and highly diversified career.
- Supervises, analyzes, authorizes and directs the work activities for assigned employees
- Analyzes team performance results by reviewing productivity and quality of work performed by assigned unit
- Supervises and plans monthly team meetings
- Meets with individual staff members regularly to assess and align performance goals to ensure staff members are on schedule in attaining their goals
- Completes performance reviews yearly for staff
- Maintains staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees, planning, monitoring and documenting job performance
- Develops staff by providing information, educational opportunities and experiential growth opportunities
- Responds to staff by assisting with questions, provides a course of action
- Analyzes and resolves inquiries from members and providers
- Supervises and directs work activities for assigned employees
- Maintains an acceptable level of customer service, productivity and quality of work performed for the assigned unit
- Participates in developing, refining and implementing unit policies and procedures
- Maintains staff by orienting and training employees
- Provides data in preparation for unit budget; shares accountability for performance against operating budget
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Identifies methods of increasing auto adjudication
- Identifies and develops the skill sets of individual staff members for further advancement
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 2+ years of medical claims processing experience
- 2+ years of external / internal customer service experience within the healthcare industry
- 1+ years of Supervisory or Team Lead experience
- Experience as a Supervisor in the healthcare industry
- Frequent speaking, listening using a headset, sitting, use of hands / fingers across keyboard or mouse, handling other objects, long periods working at a computer
- Service center environment with moderate noise level due to Representatives talking, computers, printers, and floor activity
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Supervisor, Leader, Team Lead, Coach, Mentor, UHG