Performs the day-to-day activities of the department and consistently takes the initiative to solve problems and look after the customer's best interest.
- Point person for all communication to and from customers regarding service-i.e. placement, pulls, re-spot, switch, and car orders.
- Ability to resolve complex service and system issues, as well as other issues that may arise
- Maintain accurate records in GE TMS: car movements, yard inventories, etc.
- Relay clear instructions/communications to switch and train crews.
- Oversees waybills for customer shipments; manages car inventory to reduce car hire expenses.
- Proactively communicates relevant continuous improvement information to internal and external customers.
- Work with serving railroad to coordinate deliveries, notification of interchanges, and input data.
- Encourage a collaborative work environment
- Assist with monthly revenue closing.
- Actively engage in company safety culture.
- Open availability - must be flexible to work shifts as required
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
- Manage verbal & non-verbal messages effectively
- Proven competence to provide utmost customer service
- Capability to self-direct
- Problem-solving skills, specifically the ability to identify cause/effect relationships between separate elements of information
- Data entry and basic knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers via the telephone
- Related Experience Required: 2 years relevant experience.
- Related Experience Preferred: 4 years relevant experience (Railroad/Transportation experience).
Required Education and/or Credentials:
- Education Required or Equivalent Experience: High School Diploma or GED.
- Education Preferred: Associate's Degree or relevant experience.
Genesee & Wyoming Inc. and its subsidiary companies do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or any other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Jacksonville, Florida, United States