Auto req ID 1887BR Company BlueCross BlueShield of WNY About Us BlueCross BlueShield of Western New York is a division of HealthNow New York Inc., one of New York’s leading health care companies that provides access to quality health care and solutions for members throughout Upstate New York. Since 1936, BlueCross BlueShield has helped millions of people gain access to health care. Headquartered in Buffalo, NY, the company is an independent Licensee of the BlueCross BlueShield Association. As the region’s leading health plan, serving over 800,000 members, BlueCross BlueShield believes in taking small steps towards healthier living. You can visit our website at www.bcbswny.com. Title Customer Service Opportunities Position Posting Location Buffalo Status Full Time Regular Hours Fixed Schedules Job Description Multiple Openings!
New class to begin September 17, 2018.
The Customer Service Representative is responsible for assisting our members and providers with eligibility, benefits, claims and adjustments via telephone.
Incumbents in this role are the first point of customer contact for general inquiries related to claims, eligibility, benefits, etc. This position builds and maintains business relationship with clients by providing prompt and accurate service to promote customer loyalty. Incumbents actively participate in a team environment utilizing team concepts and tools. Primary Responsibility We are looking for individuals who:
• Desire to perform consistent high quality work
• Can provide helpful and supportive communication to Provider office staff, Members and other external clients
• Are able to make decisions within clearly defined guidelines
• Want to work for a supportive management team Qualifications What you need to succeed:
• Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office
• Ability to complete eight weeks of classroom training
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Successful completion of computer-based skill assessments Experience • Two (2) years Customer Service related experience in a high volume call/contact center
• One year customer service, contact center, or healthcare related experience as demonstrated by proficiency in one or more of the following areas: claims processing, adjusting or membership processing Education Required: High School Diploma or equivalent
Our Recruitment process includes:
• Telephone interview with Talent Acquisition
• On-site skill assessments
• Interview with members of the customer service management team Working Conditions Must be able to accommodate alternate shifts/days Must be able to work in an office environment Prolonged Sitting Manual Dexterity Req: Eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to effectively use a computer with all its components for prolonged periods of time and for the majority of required tasks Manual Dexterity Req: Eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to effectively utilize various office equipment (phone, computer, fax machine, printer, copier, filing cabinet, etc) Physical Effort: Minimum; typical of most office work. Mostly sedentary work. Vision Req: Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less) Weight: lift/carry/push/pull under 10 lbs. EEO Statement All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Removal Date 03-Jul-2019