Customer Service Representative
The Customer Service Representative provides over-the-phone assistance to our customers. First Transit hires individuals who make safety and customer service their top priorities. If you have the drive, confidence, and determination to succeed, we are looking for you!
First Transit is proud to offer:
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities due to a strong presence across North America.
- A comprehensive benefits package with paid holidays & vacation, medical, vision, and dental coverage, and 401(k) savings plan.
- A great work environment.
Customer Service Representative responsibilities include:
- Responds to customer inquiries and problems by providing timely and accurate information or directing inquiries to supervisor
- Follows and explains policy and procedure as outlined in operations and procedures manuals
- Treats each customer/caller with courtesy, dignity, and respect privacy.
- Meets or exceeds established performance requirement
- Enters data with an error of 1% or less for notation of transportation type, pickup times, appointment times, addresses, and other information as outlined in operations and procedures manuals
- Documents trip authorization according to procedures.
- Remains knowledgeable of all policies and procedure changes
- Adheres to the work schedule in order to handle the call volume and contractual requirements, unless request made by supervisor
- All other duties as assigned
Customer Service Representative requirements:
- Excellent phone demeanor and customer service skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to interact with interdepartmental personnel
- Positive attitude and sensitivity in dealing with customer needs
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, judgment and problem solving abilities
- Ability to utilize a standard business telephone system for communication
- Able to operate a computer; proficient in excel
- Communicate clearly in English
First Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract and management services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,500 dedicated transit professionals through fixed-route, paratransit, college/airport shuttle services and rail operations at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada, Puerto Rico, Panama and India. With a dedication to safety and outstanding customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from other providers in the industry.
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.