Life moves fast, don’t get left behind. Training classes start soon; apply now before it’s too late!
If helping others is second nature to you, bring your passion for providing exceptional service to UnitedHealth Group. This position is a great first step for transitioning into a sales career and watching your contributions help our business to grow. At UnitedHealth Group, you’ll have a portfolio of products available that are greatly improving the life of others. Performance leads to success and your life’s best work. SM
As a Customer Service Representative (Broker), you will be responsible for providing sales and technical support to our insurance brokers while also delivering service on new and existing policies.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday -Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8.5 hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 8:00am-6:00pm. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime. Our office is located at 7440 Woodland Dr., Indianapolis, IN.
There are several steps in our hiring process. Please make sure that you have filled out all required sections of your employment application. Once you submit your completed application, you will receive an e-mail with information regarding next steps including any pre-employment assessment(s) that are required. Both your application and any required assessment(s) need to be completed before we can consider you for employment so the sooner you complete these two steps, the sooner you will hear from us. To learn more, go to: http://uhg.hr/OurApplicationProcess
- 18 days of Paid Time Off which you start to accrue with your first pay period plus 8 Paid Holidays
- Medical Plan options along with participation in a Health Spending Account or a Health Saving account
- Dental, Vision, Life& AD&D Insurance along with Short-term disability and Long-Term Disability coverage
- 401(k) Savings Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Education Reimbursement - up to $5,250 per calendar year for job-related coursework
- Assistance Plan
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Voluntary Benefits (pet insurance, legal insurance, LTC Insurance, etc.)
- More information can be downloaded at: http://uhg.hr/uhgbenefits
- Respond via telephone or email to questions from Insurance Brokers regarding licensing, commissions, UnitedHealth One website logins, navigating the website, and/or questions about client groups
- Complete necessary research on broker questions and issues using multiple systems and resources and prepares appropriate responses
- Conduct outgoing calls to provide answers and additional information to sales representatives and brokers related to their previous inquiries. This may include the distribution of appropriate paperwork such as quote requests
- Records all required supporting documentation for phone calls and written correspondence to provide for tracking and to ensure compliance
- Participate in training opportunities to develop advanced product knowledge in order to share current information while generating and delivering products quotes to insurance brokers and sales representatives
- Build positive business relationships with insurance brokers to ensure continued interest in UnitedHealth Group’s products and service
- Successful completion of the training program including demonstrated proficiency of the material
- Continuously achieve monthly performance goals and objectives as outlined by leadership
- One year of customer service experience, analyzing and problem solving for customers, is required
- A minimum education level of a high school diploma or GED; OR ten years of equivalent work experience
- Demonstrated ability in using computer and Windows PC applications, which includes strong keyboard and navigation skills and learning new computer programs
- Ability to work regularly scheduled shifts within our hours of operation including the training period
- Ability to multi-task, including the ability to navigate a computer while speaking on the telephone
- Ability to develop an understanding of our multiple products and the levels of benefits within each product
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Key words: customer service representative, customer service, CSR, UnitedHealth Group, call center, UnitedHealthcare, health care, healthcare, office, phone support, training class, advocate