Anderson Merchandisers’ Call Center (We Will Help You / Tech Support) is the hub for communications and inquiries to and from our field associates, client services team, sales management, retailers, etc. The Customer Service Associate’s role is to provide accurate information and real solutions to those contacting the department via phone, email, text, or instant message and to do so within metric parameters as determined by management. This associate will provide quality support for any issue relating to the services our company provides for our accounts, our vendors and the consumer. All information must be efficiently collected, processed, filtered and shared as appropriate with designated points of contact in and outside of the company. To provide this support efficiently requires a high level of organization and multi-tasking ability.
TYPE OF SUPERVISION RECEIVED:
The Customer Service Associate reports directly to the Call Center Manager and Assistant Manager, who monitor their job performance and handle the day-to-day operations of the department.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS include, but not limited to, the following:
- Must actively participate in work-related conversations, training sessions, meetings, etc. that are held electronically.
- Provide high quality support and ensure a high level of professionalism and courtesy when assisting any caller or electronic communication (text, email, IM).
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to remain consistently productive working in a remote environment.
- Must maintain a professional environment in which to participate in telephone or other electronic conversations; no background noise (i.e. no television, radio, dogs barking, children playing, etc.)
- Answer incoming calls with a good balance of quality and time management.
- Place outgoing follow-up calls as quickly as possible.
- Monitor unresolved and issues pending information from others; report follow-up lapses from same.
- Fax, sort, file and distribute information to team members and field associates.
- Accurate and thorough documentation of information for tracking, trending and monitoring.
- Attend webinar meetings routinely as required.
- Process complaints from callers, filter to leadership as necessary.
- Process specials requests from sales field.
- Handle basic technical questions relating to the software, applications and devices used in the sales field, department and corporate wide.
- Must be able to work effectively with others in the Call Center and any other department in the company.
- Process large amounts of information in various formats and mediums.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment that demands flexibility and creativity.
- Recognizes opportunities and commits to providing solutions.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in internet navigation and web-based programs; technical experience with mobile devices and apps is preferred.
- Must be able to type a minimum of 35 WPM.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must speak proper English, bilingual Spanish is a plus.
- Must demonstrate ability to handle multiple tasks at one time.
- Must communicate effectively, verbally and in written/typed format.
- High School diploma and/or equivalency certification required.
- Previous call center and/or help desk experience is preferred.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem solving - possesses a demonstrated ability to successfully handle diverse situations and to use good judgment when working with customers. Seeks the best avenue to ensure success for both the caller and the company.
- Time management - manages time effectively by prioritizing work load, balancing call quality and handle time and acting with a sense of urgency.
- Oral communication - ability to speak clearly and persuasively to gain understanding and collaboration as well as to celebrate successes.
- Written communication - consistently edits work for spelling and grammar, presents numerical data effectively and is able to read and interpret written information. Information and documentation must be concise, clear and accurate. Information collected must be truthful and without opinion.
- Quality control - demonstrates accuracy, thoroughness and monitoring of own work to ensure quality.
- Adaptability - adaptable to change in the work environment, manages competing demands and able to deal with frequent changes, delays or unexpected events.
- Dependability - consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve. Adheres to scheduled breaks and shifts. Understands that overtime is expected of all associates.
- Technical knowledge - demonstrates basic knowledge of technical devices such as mobile phones, computers, various programs and software.
- Learning agility - learns quickly and thoroughly. Shows initiative to seek the best expected results. Must be self-motivated.
- Minimum of 1 year customer service, administrative or retail background. Call center experience a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Must be able to articulate details to contacts in a professional and calm manner.
- Computer literate; able to navigate through programs and windows. Excellent typing/data entry skills.
- Able to multi-task, i.e. talk on the phone and type notes at the same time. Effective problem solver.
- Must be available to work Saturdays and Sundays. Regular job attendance is required in accordance with a regular schedule established for the position by the supervisor.