Customer Service Representative
The Customer Service Representative facilitates and assists customers in the loading process of all renting passengers at McCarran International Airport while giving friendly and courteous service to our passengers. This involves properly counting and managing the passenger flow and maintaining the loading order of the bus rotation. The primary function of this position is crowd management and insuring that customers are guided to a bus quickly and safely. First Transit hires individuals who make safety and customer service their top priorities.
First Transit is proud to offer:
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities due to a strong presence across North America.
- A comprehensive benefits package with paid holidays & vacation, medical, vision, and dental coverage, and 401(k) savings plan.
- A great work environment.
Customer Service Representative responsibilities include:
- Greets all passengers in the loading area in a courteous and enthusiastic manner.
- Guides passengers to the buses in proper loading order as defined in our location policies and counts passengers and monitors luggage to insure no overloading of the buses
- Works in a team environment and monitors the supervisor’s and other CSR’s directions through hand signals and verbal cues to make sure the process of passenger loading runs smoothly and efficiently.
- Maintains a consistent focus on their area and communicates effectively with other team members.
- Facilitates and assists ADA passengers to the designated loading areas for pickup by the drivers
- Makes decision that demonstrate the proper and efficient loading of buses while taking into account passenger flow and bus availability.
- Reports any conditions that could pose a safety hazard to the staff or passengers to a supervisor or the Safety Department.
- Notifies operations supervisors of deviations, overloads, accidents, passenger incidents, medical/behavioral issues.
- Works in a safe and efficient manner at all times.
- All other duties as assigned
Customer Service Representative requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be available to work shifts that can start at any hour (24 hours).
- Must be able to work without direct supervision and in a team oriented environment.
- Must read and understand signs, bus rotation and customer service plan and maps.
- Must have excellent communication skills and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to effectively and clearly communicate with passengers and supervisors including use of a two-way radio
- Able to work all shift hours and days assigned
- All candidates subject to a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
First Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract and management services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,500 dedicated transit professionals through fixed-route, paratransit, college/airport shuttle services and rail operations at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada, Puerto Rico, Panama and India. With a dedication to safety and outstanding customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from other providers in the industry.
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.