Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.
Turn on the news on any night of the week and you're likely to hear about the changes that are sweeping through our health care system. It's dramatic. It's challenging. And addressing the challenges is being led by companies like UnitedHealth Group. Now, you can take advantage of some of the best training and tools in the world to help serve our members. You'll handle 50-70 calls per shift, always remembering to bring compassion and a sense of engagement to enhance the customer experience.
This role is equally challenging and rewarding. You'll interact with customers continuously by phone and in writing. Within a high-volume setting, you'll need to develop knowledge of our various products and multiple levels of benefits within each product in order to best assist our providers / customers.
Positions in this function are responsible for providing expertise and customer service support to members, customers, and / or providers. Direct phone-based customer interaction to answer and resolve a wide variety of inquiries.
Ensure quality customer service for internal and external customers with focus on needs identification, problem solving and partnering with billing and eligibility specialists
Monitor delegated customer service issues to ensure timely and accurate resolution
Use appropriate communication techniques when responding to customers, particularly in stressful situations
Inform and educate new customers regarding billing / invoicing set up and billing / payment procedures
Place outgoing phone calls to complete follow-up on customer service requests as necessary
- High School Diploma / GED
- 18+ months of Medical Call / Claims Processing experience
- Basic experience working with Microsoft Word, (creating, saving, editing documents)
- Basic Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft SharePoint experience. Access: usage of databases, will be accessing information through Access. Excel: creating spreadsheets, filtering, formatting. SharePoint: history using the software as they will be accessing information through it.)
- Experience with data analysis
- Understanding of claims systems programming, specifically as it pertains to CPS
- Must be a flexible person and willing to take on projects and different schedules
- Able to get along with others and act professionally
- Needs to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills - (written/verbal)
- Able to streamline with processes and able to deal with change
- Able to ask questions and make decisions. Solution oriented
- Have the ability and desire to mentor others
- Performs well with minimal supervision
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
- Extended periods of sitting at a computer and use of hands/fingers across keyboard or mouse
- Office environment
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UnitedHealthcare, UHC, UnitedHealth Group, UHG, Optum, UMR, CSR, team lead, trainer, leader, supervisor, customer service representative