Healthcare isn’t just changing. It’s growing more complex every day. ICD-10 Coding replaces ICD-9. Affordable Care adds new challenges and financial constraints. Where does it all lead? Hospitals and Healthcare organizations continue to adapt, and we are vital part of their evolution. And that’s what fueled these exciting new opportunities.
Who are we? Optum360. We’re a dynamic new partnership formed by Quest and Optum to combine our unique expertise. As part of the growing family of UnitedHealth Group, we’ll leverage our compassion, our talent, our resources and experience to bring financial clarity and a full suite of Revenue Management services to Healthcare Providers, nationwide.
If you’re looking for a better place to use your passion, your ideas and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It’s an opportunity to do your life’s best work.
Turn on the news on any night of the week and you're likely to hear about the changes that are sweeping through our health care system. It's dramatic. It's positive. And it's being led by companies like UnitedHealthcare, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses. Now, you can take advantage of some of the best training and tools in the world to help serve our members by interfacing and solving issues with their health care providers. As part of our Provider Services group, the quality of support you deliver will directly translate into better care for their patients This is no small opportunity. This is where you can bring your compassion for others while building your career.
This role is equally challenging and rewarding. You'll interact with providers with the intent to develop a relationship with them. Within a high volume setting, you'll need to develop knowledge of our various products and multiple levels of benefits within each product in order to best assist our providers / customers.
Positions in this function are responsible for providing expertise and customer service support to members, customers, and / or providers. Direct phone-based customer interaction to answer and resolve a wide variety of inquiries. *Employees in jobs labeled with SCA must support a government Service Contract Act (SCA) agreement.
- Take incoming calls to Billing Phone Queue Monday through Friday 8-5PM
- Take Patient, Client, Insurance phone calls regarding pricing, bills / statements, insurance / billing updates, payments, billing questions etc.
- Return all phone messages, emails and faxes received from Clients, Patients and Insurance
- Work all emails to the Billing Department pertaining to patient demographics / insurance information
- Update Atlas Demographic and insurance information
- Work with Credence who handles outstanding account balances
- Work in InstaMed for running Patient and Insurance payments also accessing Patient Status
- Work Unbillable Error Processing Reports and Front End Rejections Reports for all Payors
- Review Reports for trends on errors
- Review Insurance websites to verify patient benefits and eligibility
- Review Atlas, Requisition scanning and insurance websites for correct patient information
- Work, review, and request patient and insurance refund via SharePoint
- Work, review and prepare adjustment request for accounts in Xifin
- Work calls regarding timely filing errors and appeal with Insurance showing proof of timely filing
- Submit Request to Revenue Service File Maintenance Team for adding Insurance, Ordering Physician or other Xifin related updates
- Handle Itemized Statements requests from Patients
- Handle Charity / Indigent requests from Clients
- Monitor and work any Rightfax requests
- Work with AR Group and Client Billing on call regarding Patient or Client Accounts
- Work any special projects for Billing Department
- Associate's Degree (or higher)
- 2+ years of experience in a Healthcare or Medical related field (i.e. office, administrative, clerical, customer service, etc.)
- Intermediate (or higher) skills with using Microsoft Office management tools: Word (create and edit document), Excel (create, edit, navigate spreadsheets), Outlook (calendaring and email)
- Collections and / or call center experience
- Knowledge of EOBs, denials and denial codes, adjustments, and remit codes
- Ability to resolve calls, avoiding escalated complaints
- Ability to exhibit empathy to callers
- Ability to triage and handle escalated situations
- Ability to function in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to listen skillfully, collect relevant information, build rapport and respond to customers in a compassionate and professional manner
- Demonstrated ability to multi task (phone, data entry, utilizing multiple websites for verification and eligibility, credit card payment processing)
- Demonstrated ability to take direction and be a contributing part of the team
- Strong written and verbal communications skills required
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. Keywords: Customer Service Representative, Healthcare, or Medical related field, Collections and / or call center experience