Join Us at America's Job Center of California for our Job Fair
Wednesday, November 28, 2018 from 11:00am to 2:00pm
America's Job Center of California
264 E. Monterey Avenue
Pomona, CA 91767
We strongly encourage you to apply in advance of the event if you are interested in this opening. Attendance at the event isn't required to be a candidate for potential employment.
Even if you have no prior experience, we have training classes starting soon to help you build the successful career that you want - apply today! We provide the support and structure; you provide the interest and motivation.
Previously known as Ear Professionals International Corporation (EPIC), a leader in national hearing healthcare hearing aid, we have recently become a member of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies and are now expanding our impact and sense of contribution. If you like working with people. and even more so, helping them, then this is your chance to join a team dedicated to helping our members every day. As a member of our Customer Service team, you’ll take 60+ inbound calls each day from our members and providers related to hearing health care benefits. Your compassion and people skills combined with our support, training and development will ensure your success. This is no small opportunity. This is where you can bring your compassion for others while doing your life’s best work.SM
This Customer Service Representative position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday - Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8 hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 6am – 6pm. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime. Our office is located at 3191 Temple Ave, Pomona, CA 91768.
- Answer and document approximately 60+ incoming phone calls from customers and providers to identify the type of assistance the customer needs (i.e. benefit and eligibility, registrations, sending referrals, insurance verification and general inquires)
- Ask appropriate questions and listen actively to identify specific questions or issues while documenting required information in computer systems
- Communicate and collaborate with members and providers to resolve issues, using clear, simple language to ensure understanding
- Meet the performance goals established for the position in the areas of: Key Performance Indicators, member satisfaction and attendance
- Ensure that the proper plan benefits are applied to each record by using the appropriate processes and procedures (e.g. insurance plan processing policies and procedures, state mandates, CMS/Medicare guidelines, benefit plan documents/certificates, HIPPA)
This role is equally challenging and rewarding. You’ll be called on to research complex issues pertaining to the caller’s health, status and potential plan options. To do this, you’ll need to navigate across multiple databases, which requires fluency in computer navigation and toggling while confidently and compassionately engaging with the caller.
- High school diploma, GED (or higher) or 10 years work experience
- Demonstrated ability in using computer and Windows PC applications, which includes strong keyboard and navigation skills and learning new computer programs
- Demonstrated ability to listen skillfully, collect relevant information, determine immediate requests and identify the current and future needs of the member
- Proficient in translating healthcare-related jargon and complex processes into simple, step-by-step instructions customers can understand and act upon
- Proficient conflict management skills to include ability to resolve issues in a stressful situation and demonstrating personal resilience
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree
- 1+ year prior experience in an office setting, call center setting, or phone support role
- Prior health care experience (i.e. benefit and eligibility, billing, payments and explanation of benefits)
UnitedHealth Group is a team of more than 200,000 people who are building career success through commitment, compassion and a desire to make a difference. Join us. Learn more about how you can start doing your life’s best work.SM
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 6 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Key words: customer service representative, customer service, CSR, UnitedHealth Group, call center, UnitedHealthcare, health care, office, phone support, training class, EPIC, hearing