Healthcare isn’t just changing. It’s growing more complex every day. ICD - 10 Coding replaces ICD - 9. Affordable Care adds new challenges and financial constraints. Where does it all lead? Hospitals and Healthcare organizations continue to adapt, and we are vital part of their evolution. And that’s what fueled these exciting new opportunities.
Who are we? Optum360. We’re a dynamic new partnership formed by Dignity Health and Optum to combine our unique expertise. As part of the growing family of UnitedHealth Group, we’ll leverage our compassion, our talent, our resources and experience to bring financial clarity and a full suite of Revenue Management services to Healthcare Providers, nationwide.
If you’re looking for a better place to use your passion, your ideas and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It’s an opportunity to do your life’s best work.
- Answer a high volume of calls from patients or their representative, regarding patient bill balances, payment plans, credit card payments, patient pricing, re - billing insurance companies and general customer concerns.
- Process adjustments, refunds, transfer bills, mail returns and perform manual sales.
- Evaluate and respond to all aspects of written billing inquiries, including but not limited to: billing insurances, and updating invoices.
- Research, troubleshoot and resolve complex billing issues and customer complaints, taking all steps to resolve and ensure full resolution.
- Maintain tracking log of all escalated patient correspondence, providing status updates to leadership as needed.
- Ability to perform all aspects of billing customer service as needed.
- May be a certified Medical Coder and / or involved in medical coding.
- Thorough navigation of both Quest Billing System and the web.
- Maintain all Compliance and HIPAA regulations at all times Ability to work in a fast - paced environment Ability to meet quality standards.
- Ability to meet production standards Ability to handle other projects as assigned.
- High School Diploma / GED or higher
- 1+ years of experience in a Call Center or Customer Service
- PC skills with basic proficiency in Microsoft Word, (creating and editing documents), Excel (creating and editing spreadsheets), and Internet navigation skills
- Ability to work overtime as needed based on department needs
- 1+ years of experience in a Call Center or Customer Service Billing experience
- Good organizational skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi - task, including the ability to type while talking on the phone
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Schaumburg, IL, customer service, call center, Word, Excel, billing,