Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies. <?xml:namespace prefix = "o" />
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
If putting a smile on someone’s face puts one on yours, you belong on our team. Here at Optum and UnitedHealth Group, we’ve brought together teams of incredibly compassionate and absolutely positive people to help serve our members when they call us with questions regarding their health care coverage, eligibility or reimbursement. Your helpful personality combined with our support, training and development will ensure your success. This is no small opportunity. This is where you can bring your compassion for others while building a career.
This role is equally challenging and rewarding. You’ll be called on to research complex issues across multiple databases. It requires fluency in computer navigation and toggling while you confidently and compassionately engage in dialogue with the caller. Be assured that our training will provide you with knowledge of the various products, plans and levels of benefits available to members and you’ll soon find yourself creating positive experiences and earning the gratitude of callers on an hourly basis.
- Place 80 - 100 outbound phone calls per day to pharmacies and provide response from insurance companies and assisting them in processing as needed
- Answer 10 - 15 inbound calls per day
- Ask appropriate questions and listen actively to identify specific questions or issues while documenting required information in computer system
- Contact carriers (electronically in most cases) on behalf of the customer to request medication authorization
- Research issues and work with support resources to resolve customer issues and / or partner with others to resolve escalated issues
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher) or equivalent work experience
- Familiarity with computer and Windows PC applications, which includes the ability to navigate and learn new and complex computer system applications
- Ability to work 7:00 am - 4:00 pm Monday through Friday and overtime as business needs
- 1+ years of experience in a related environment (i.e. office, administrative, clerical, customer service, etc.) using phones and computers as the primary job tools
- Prior health care experience
- Proficient conflict management skills to resolve issues in a stressful situation
- Demonstrated ability to listen skillfully, collect relevant information, build rapport and respond to customers in a compassionate manner
If you're ready to talk about groundbreaking interactions, let's talk about what happens when a firm that touches millions of lives decides to gather results from millions of prescriptions every month and analyze their impact. Let's talk about smart, motivated teams. Let's talk about more effective and affordable healthcare solutions. This is caring. This is great chemistry. This is the way to make a difference. We're doing all this, and more, through a greater dedication to our shared values of integrity, compassion, relationships, innovation and performance. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Customer Service, Call Center, Prior Authorization, PBM, Pharmacy, Healthcare, Health Insurance, outbound calls, Workers comp, client facing, authorizations