Doing your best. That's what we want you to do in this role. Even if you don't have experience, we provide the training and support for you to start your career as a Customer Service Specialist - Provider. Apply today - training classes start soon!
You're looking for a place where you will be empowered to be your best. When you join UnitedHealthcare’s Provider Services Group, you'll be part of a team committed to reshaping the way health care works for millions. You'll join us on a mission to not only deliver the best customer service in the health care industry, but the best customer service. Period. You won't just provide customer service; you'll change health care for the better starting with every health care provider you talk to. Your commitment to supporting them will directly translate into better care for their patients. And you'll be well supported with the latest tools and training classes to set you up for success. Don't wait to join us! There’s never been a better time than now to start doing your life's best work. sm
As a Customer Service Specialist - Provider, you'll be empowered to conduct outreach to our health care providers in order to validate critical data and obtain updated data when necessary. You will place outbound calls (approximately 30-50 a day) to our health care providers, and you will perform immediate and accurate data entry to systems which update our online health care provider directories. Apply today - we have training classes starting soon that are designed to set you up for success!
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday- Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8 hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of (8:00am to 6:30pm). It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime. Our office is located at 5900 Parkwood Place, Dublin, OH 43016.
There are several steps in our hiring process - it’s a thorough process because we want to ensure the best job and culture fit for you and for us. In today’s ultra-competitive job market, the importance of putting your best foot forward is more important than ever. And you can start by completing all required sections of your application. (i.e. profile, history, certifications and application/job questions). Once you submit your resume, you'll receive an email with next steps. This may include a link for an on-line pre-screening test(s) (or what we call an assessment) that we ask you to complete as part of our selection process. You may also be asked to complete a digital video interview, but we will offer full instructions and tips to help you. After you have completed all of these steps, you can check on the status of your application at any time, but you will also be notified via e-mail. http://uhg.hr/OurApplicationProcess
- Place outbound calls to our health care providers offices to validate critical data and obtain updated data when necessary
- Follow call scripting to obtain information from Office Managers
- Perform immediate and accurate data entry to systems which update our online health care provider directories
- Answer inbound calls from our health care providers who are responding to a voicemail we have left for them
- Respond to voice mail messages from health care providers in a timely and accurate manner
- Deliver all information and questions in a positive, conversational and compassionate manner to facilitate developing a relationship with the provider, while providing the best customer service experience possible
- Meet the department quality and production metrics
- Prefer 1 year prior experience in an office setting, call center setting or phone support role, but not required
- An education level of at least a high school diploma or GED OR 10 years of equivalent working experience
- Demonstrated ability in using computer and Windows PC applications, which includes strong keyboard and navigation skills and learning new computer programs
- Ability to navigate a computer while on the phone
- Ability to multi-task, this includes ability to understand multiple products and multiple levels of benefits within each product
- Ability to remain focused and productive each day though tasks may be repetitive
- Ability to work regularly scheduled shifts within our hours of operation including the training period, where lunches and breaks are scheduled, with the flexibility to adjust daily schedule, and work over-time and/or weekends, as needed
- All new hires will be required to successfully complete the Customer Service training classes and demonstrate proficiency of the material
Helping create positive customer experiences for our members can drive your sense of impact and purpose. Join us as we improve the lives of millions. Learn more about how you can start doing your life's best work.SM
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 6 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: customer service representative, customer service, CSR, UnitedHealth Group, call center, UnitedHealthcare, Provider Services, health care, office, phone support, training class