Customer Service Specialist – Starting at $12.50/hr + Bonus Potential
First Transit Reservationist
First Transit is now hiring first-class reservationists who will be responsible for responding to phone inquiries, scheduling customer trips and providing excellent and caring customer service. Our ideal candidate possesses superior communication and customer service skills both in person and over the phone. We will train you to become a customer service superstar, you just need to have that desire and determination to succeed!
At First Transit, we are proud to offer:
- Full time scheduled shift, with potential for extra hours
- Paid training - no experience necessary
- Paid vacation and time off after one year
- Paid holidays, insurance and full benefits offered!
- Opportunities for advancement - we promote from within!
- Great company culture - enjoy the people you work with & have fun at work!
Reservationist responsibilities include:
- Answers all incoming phone calls promptly and courteously.
- Efficiently receives all ride request information from callers and repeats all information received to confirm accuracy.
- Records type of service/related information accurately on each ride request.
- Establishes rapport and professional confidence level with passengers and is sensitive to passengers needs.
- Has proficient knowledge of Scheduling System.
- Possesses knowledge of First Transit and “agency” policies and Procedures.
- Efficiency is demonstrated by average telephone talk time.
- Has excellent knowledge of service area and is proficient in use of street directory and reverse directory.
- Creates manual trip ticket when system is at capacity and forwards to scheduler/dispatcher
- Suggests alternatives to passengers if system is at capacity at a particular time.
- Maintains organized work environment.
- Maintains the highest standard of excellence for subordinates, company personnel, and all people contacted through personal appearance and attitude.
- 19 years of age or older
- Ability to communicate effectively in English
- Demonstrate regular and consistent attendance and punctuality
- Must be able to work a schedule including weekends
- Computer literate with ability to learn new programs quickly
- All candidates subject to a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
- Sit in office environment talking on a phone during shift
Your dedication to providing wonderful customer service is imperative for success in this position. Our Burnsville location operates Metro Mobility paratransit service for the Metropolitan Council.
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.