Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.
Turn on the news on any night of the week and you're likely to hear about the changes that are sweeping through our health care system. It's dramatic and each day presents a new set of challenges. And that's where companies like UnitedHealthcare, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, is taking the lead. We see those challenges as opportunities but we can't do it alone. You'll play a leadership role in a high volume, focus and performance driven call center where the goal is always to connect with members and enhance the customer experience. Now you can take advantage of some of the best training and tools in the world to help serve our members.
This role is equally challenging and rewarding. You'll need to stay positive at all times especially in difficult situations. You'll be asked to mentor, challenge and communicate effectively with all different types of people.
Positions in this function are responsible for providing expertise and customer service support to members, customers, and / or providers. Direct phone-based customer interaction to answer and resolve a wide variety of inquiries. *Employees in jobs labeled with SCA must support a government Service Contract Act (SCA) agreement.
- Coordinate and supervise daily / weekly / monthly activities of a team members
- Set priorities for the team to ensure task completion and performance goals are met
- Coordinate work activities with other supervisors, managers, departments, etc.
- Identify and resolve operational problems using defined processes, expertise and judgment
- Provide coaching, feedback and annual performance reviews as well as formal corrective action
- Coordinates, supervises and is accountable for the daily activities of business support, technical or production team or unit
- Impact of work is most often at the team level
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of supervisory / leadership experience
- 5+ years of experience analyzing and solving customer problems in an office, claims or customer service environment
- Proficiency with Windows PC applications, which includes the ability to navigate and learn new and complex computer system applications
- 2+ years of customer service experience
- Ability to multi-task including the ability to understand multiple products and multiple levels of benefits within each product
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Supervisor, Customer Service