At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) businesses build enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful and objective advice. We help our clients by developing individualized plans for everything from retirement goals to business succession planning, to family legacy intentions. Services include comprehensive planning and advice, investment management, brokerage, private banking, estate planning strategies, trust, insurance and both individual and institutional retirement.
At Wells Fargo Advisors, you won’t be a cog in a machine, you’ll help drive innovation by collaborating with a dedicated team who builds the user experiences and digital products for millions of customers.
We’re looking for more than a writer. We’re seeking a creative client advocate with a keen eye for detail and a deep understanding of the ways copy helps clients achieve their objectives. Ideal candidates are not only amazing writers, but also creative collaborators, analytical thinkers, zealous self-starters, and detail-oriented editors who work well in entrepreneurial environments.
As part of the Secure Studio, the Senior UX Copywriter will contribute to a wide range of projects; from helping to shape brand new digital tools to optimizing existing pages, flows and widgets. We’re looking for someone who collaborates with product owners and designers to create engaging, clear, concise yet conversational copy who makes digital investing simpler. A person who is excited about using technologies of the day such as AI, NLP (natural language processing) and conversational UI.
The selected candidate should reflect the following:
- Exhibits positive energy and leadership, as well as a willingness to work outside of a typical content role to deliver holistic solutions to customer problems
- A motivated, self-starter who can juggle multiple projects at once
- Ability to consider (and help solve) user problems creatively and critically
- A storyteller who draws users into our brand by weaving together a narrative that engages, and then re-engages, audiences along multiple touchpoints
- (Someone who possesses) a deep empathy to understand our audience(s), their needs and how to earn their attention and keep it to convert them into a customer or provide them the solutions to their retirement savings needs
- Possessing passion for the user experience practice
- Collaborate with UX designers, product teams, content strategists and researchers to define content requirements, craft and hone language across a variety of contexts from UI components, to conversational building blocks, to editorial/help content; to make the client journey as user-friendly (and delightful) as possible.
- Raise the bar for interface/product communication and drive alignment on WFA brand voice and tone across digital channels.
- Advocates for the user and content strategy best practices.
- Participate at the early stages of product feature definition, ideation and creation.
- Develops clear, consistent labels and nomenclature for tools and applications; collaborates on the creation of new systems to organize new and existing content and site navigation.
- Collaborates on the development of content style guides, content and messaging strategies, best practices, and processes.
- Reviews analytics on an ongoing basis to understand user behavior to manage and shape content and messaging strategies.
- Demonstrate an understanding of how clients interact and use data to determine how to solve client problems and make our messaging more compelling.
- Leverage tools like content audits and inventories, content mapping and user journey maps to ensure that content flows smoothly through the digital experience.
- 5+ years of experience in the following: communications, human factors, information sciences, graphic, and visual arts
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong collaboration and partnering skills
- 5+ years of technical writing or copywriting experience to influence usage of digital products
- Deep experience and proven ability writing across different digital platforms (desktop, mobile Web, and app)
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing communications, technical writing or English, or equivalent work experience
- Exhibits the ability to work outside of a typical content role to deliver holistic solutions to customer problems
- Ability to break down complex topics into concise customer-friendly content
- Experience working cross-team and managing input from multiple stakeholders
- Experience writing for responsive experiences with a mobile-first cross platform mindset
- Experience in financial services, investments/wealth management
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of how to prepare content for accessibility (ADA) and search engine optimization (SEO)
- Practical experience working with Sketch and InVision as part of an integrated design/writing/prototyping workflow
- Experience working with both remote and in person teammates and in an Agile environment
- Editing experience, focused on streamlining and efficiency; written, pixel, video or user flow
- Experience creating content for testing methodologies (user testing, A/B or multivariate)
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.