At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) businesses build enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful and objective advice. We help our clients by developing individualized plans for everything from retirement goals to business succession planning, to family legacy intentions. Services include comprehensive planning and advice, investment management, brokerage, private banking, estate planning strategies, trust, insurance and both individual and institutional retirement.
The Visual Designer collaborates with other members of the Digital Design Team to translate complex investment product requirements, flows and wireframes into quality digital experiences for brokerage clients that are accessible, intuitive and easy to use. To do this effectively, the designer crafts comprehensive screen mockups for digital services that enable account access, investment research and investment trading; and clearly communicates them to business and technology partners and stakeholders.
The designer is responsible for having a solid understanding of brand and digital design standards and guidelines and insuring that mockups comply with all applicable standards. From early research and ideation to final production, the designer collaborates with other designers as well as product, research and technology partners to understand client needs, understand existing behaviors, validate core assumptions and use those learnings to inform their design solutions.
- Actively collaborate with other designers in solving problems and creating full design solutions.
- Apply conceptual thinking to create world-class digital services across multiple platforms, smartly bringing together user needs, business goals and technical realities
- Bring concepts to life for clients and stakeholders through storytelling and rapid prototyping methods, ranging from paper sketching to digital prototyping
- Give data meaning through information visualization
- Work directly with customers and prospects to design end-to-end experiences using participatory and iterative design techniques including observational studies, customer interviews, usability testing, and other forms of qualitative and quantitative research to uncover insights, learn about user behaviour and verify design concepts
- Effectively communicate research findings, conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale both verbally and visually
- Interpret wireframes and bring them to life with proper branding, use of color and typography, clarifying information and providing appropriate emphasis and visual priority for various UI elements
- Collaborate with interaction designers and front-end developers to insure that pages and screens produced are beautiful, properly branded, usable and well-constructed
- Provide graphic assets for use in development, according to needs and specifications
- Work closely with development teams to ensure that design specifications are implemented fully and accurately
- 3+ years of experience in the following: communications, human factors, information sciences, graphic, and visual arts
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- 3+ years of professional mobile/web/digital design experience
- Works collaboratively with others
- Responds professionally to feedback; adapting and implementing feedback
- Experience using Sketch and InVision
- Create rapid prototypes of digital experiences in any format, at any level of fidelity, for any audience.
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Ability to meet stringent deadlines
- Knowledge and understanding of UI (User Interface) and UX (User Experience) methods for all platforms including mobile
- Knowledge and understanding of mobile development and Touch interfaces
- Experience using Design Thinking (Human Centered Design) tools and facilitating related methods as input for potential design engagements.
- Adobe Creative Suite design software
- Knowledge and understanding of marketing: agency or brand management
- A BS/BA degree or higher in design, art or graphics or equivalent professional experience
- Knowledge of and experience working in Agile environments
- Knowledge and understanding of financial services industry
- Brokerage industry experience
- Experience with responsive design and making concepts feasible for implementation using responsive techniques
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.