DescriptionThe Cyber Data Protection Engineer 2 develops and executes security controls, defenses and countermeasures to intercept and prevent internal or external attacks or attempts to infiltrate company email, data, e-commerce and web-based systems. The Cyber Data Protection Engineer 2 work assignments are varied and frequently require interpretation and independent determination of the appropriate courses of action.
The Cyber Data Protection Engineer 2 guides architects on embedding techniques like tagging, data anonymization while building or enhancing data solutions to ensure proper level of access and data classifications. Understands department, segment, and organizational strategy and operating objectives, including their linkages to related areas. Makes decisions regarding own work methods, occasionally in ambiguous situations, and requires minimal direction and receives guidance where needed. Follows established guidelines/procedures.
- Minimum 1-3 years of experience or equivalent education in Information Security or Information Technology
- Ability to identify & research potential risk areas for data leakage exposures
- Ability to extract, analyze, and correlate data from multiple disparate systems and present an accurate representation of the facts related to an event
- Experience in working with and gaining the trust of associates and business stakeholders
- Ability to understand complex problems and communicate them simplistically
- Strong IT infrastructure and/or security background
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Information Security
- Experience with both host-centric and network-centric DLP software and CASB solutions; Symantec, Digital Guardian, Zscaler and Skyhigh experience preferred
- Possess one or more of the following certifications or equivalent:
- Experience with Office365
- Knowledge and expertise on a vast array of hardware and software platforms
Scheduled Weekly Hours40