About UsGiant Eagle Inc., ranked 35th on Forbes Magazine's largest private corporations list, is one of the nation's largest food retailers and distributors with approximately \\$9.6 billion in annual sales. Founded in 1931, Giant Eagle, Inc. has grown to be the number one supermarket retailer in the region with 417 retail locations throughout western Pennsylvania, north central Ohio, northern West Virginia and Maryland.
Team Members who work for our flagship banner, Giant Eagle, are continually redefining and improving the supermarket shopping experience. We're creating a destination where customers find high-quality foods and convenience-oriented services, along with some pleasant and unexpected surprises as we try new things and roll out new ideas. You will be part of a growing team that emphasizes building lifelong relationships with our customers by focusing on understanding and exceeding their needs.Position SummaryProvide leadership in the Dairy Department by directing and managing Team Members, ordering perishable and non-perishable products and supplies, and implementing merchandising initiatives to stimulate the growth of the business while meeting customer requirements and maximizing profits. Assist Grocery Manager supervise all Team Members in the Dairy Department.Job Responsibilities
- Actively support a culture of safety which includes, but is not limited to, food safety, Team Member safety and customer safety.
- Display a commitment to learn about food and share food knowledge with fellow team members and customers.
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn, understand, and communicate the Market District Passion for Food philosophy, which includes the willingness to taste and experience new product offerings.
- Actively demonstrate appropriate suggestive selling techniques.
Provide active sampling opportunities, when appropriate.
- Conduct business, at all times, with a clear understanding that customer service is a significant point of difference for the Market District banner. Every interaction, whether with an internal or external customer, is to be conducted with the highest degree of integrity and with an understanding that the end result is to deliver service in an unparalleled manner.
- Actively participate in, and promote, an environment which embraces diversity, inclusion, and respect for Team Members, Customers, Vendors, and the Community.
- Provide leadership that promotes and exemplifies a Passion for Food.
- Manage inventories by tracking weekly reports and ordering raw materials and supplies to meet customer requirements and maximize profits.
- Prepare, maintain, and track records concerning inventory and work processes to calculate gross monthly profit according to Company policy.
- Develop and implement merchandising plans using guidelines and suggestions in order to meet the financial objectives of the department.
- Control department costs by monitoring and improving operations to increase profitability.
- Direct, oversee, and evaluate training provided by a trainer to department employees in order to reduce turnover, promote efficiency, and control labor costs.
- Maintain safe and clean environment to ensure health and OSHA requirements are met.
- Develop and maintain communication processes with other departments in order to develop marketing plans which help meet the financial objectives of the store.
Analyze the Customer Satisfaction Index and Team Member Point of View Survey to identify areas needing improvement and develop processes and or procedures to address the issues.
Maintain accurate department records to ensure documentation of activities is available.
Ensure that proper procedures are being followed so that the store meets out of stock percentage goal.
Promote continuous development of employees and identify candidates for management development process.
- Ability to understand and adhere to the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Perform duties of staff as required.
Additional duties as assigned by management.
Promote the continuous development of Team Members and identify candidates for MDP.
- Responsible for budget development, expense control and/or revenue generation for a department.
- Supervision of team members within an area or section of a department.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3 to 5 years
- Prior experience in grocery/dairy or related field
- At least 18 years of age
- Customer Focused
- Gets Things Done
- Interpersonal Skills
- Problem Solving
- Respect for Self and Others
- Carrying Up to 50 pounds
- Lifting Up to 50 pounds
- Ice Machine
- Fax Machine
- Cardboard Baler
- Cash Register
- Crisping Sink
- Electric/Manual Jacks
- Label Gun
- Ordering Machine
- Plastic Baler
- Power jacks
- Price Gun
- Receiving Gun
- Safety Cutter
- Scale Labeler
- Shop Vacuum
- Shrink Wrapper
- Stanley Doors
- Steam Machine
- Trash compactor