- Identifies solutions to non-standard requests and problems.
- Assesses and interprets customer needs and requirements.
- Solves moderately complex problems and/or conducts moderately complex analyses.
- Works with minimal guidance; seeks guidance from subject matter experts to ensure quality and deliver on-time solutions
- Provides explanations and information to others on difficult issues.
- Acts as a resource for others with less technical knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Use pertinent data and facts to identify and solve a range of problems within area of expertise
- Investigate non-standard requests and problems, with some assistance from others
- Work with multiple business units to create solutions as a cross-functional team
- Prioritize and organize own work to meet deadlines
- Ability to identify trends and recommend solutions
- Provide explanations and information to others on topics within area of expertise
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Healthcare Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, or Actuarial Science
- 2+ years in enterprise architecture or data warehousing or business intelligence or software development
- Proficiency in at least one programming language with demonstrated experience developing technical solutions: Java, C, .NET, SQL
- Demonstrated time management and project management skills
- Ability to navigate and drive results in a matrix environment
- Ability to document and communicate complex technical concepts
- Competency to convert research requirements to analytical specifications
- Experience in working with multiple business units to create solutions as a cross-functional team
- Demonstrated use of business intelligence, data visualization, query, analytic and statistical software to build solutions
- Prior experience in working on predominately descriptive and regression-based analytics
- Effective in fast-paced team-oriented environment
- Able to recognize technical and analytical problems and solution with minimal supervision
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords:Excel; Business Intelligence; data visualization; Tableau; Microstrategies; Cognos; SQL, Hartford, CT, Connecticut, Sandy, UT, Utah, Cypress, CA, California