Department:OH1CH_71500_000 Mchp Information Resources
Expected Weekly Hours:40
Position Purpose:At Mount Carmel, we work to continuously inspire one another. Here, all are welcome. It is this culture of humility and compassion that sets Mount Carmel apart. We see the big picture and do the right thing. That means a dedication to the well-being our both our colleagues and the patients they serve.
MediGold is a not-for-profit Medicare Advantage insurance plan serving seniors and other Medicare beneficiaries in Ohio. We’re dedicated to providing excellent customer service, cost-effective care, and exceptional healthcare coverage. We rely on talented colleagues in a wide variety of professional roles including information technology, financial analysis, audit, provider relations and more.
Job Description Details:
The Data Architect, MediGold will report to the Director of Project Management and have a strategic vision on how data is managed within the MediGold business. The position will have deep experience in Information management, data warehousing and analytics technologies to provide tactical and strategic direction in the areas of business intelligence, analytics, data mining, data modeling and assessment of data quality across the various applications used to support the business. The position will be responsible for identifying data sources that produce accurate data for regulatory audits and analytics to support business decisions related to claims processing, member/provider services and financial data. He (or she) will also need to address Data Migration (Validation, Clean-up and Mapping), and will need to understand Data Dictionaries for MediGold supported applications. The Data Architect will also collaborate with business users and technical staff in creating business requirements, timelines, process models and other documents necessary to complete process or application improvement.
- Education: Bachelors' degree required (Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Data Analytics).
- Experience: Five to seven years as a data analyst, database administrator (DBA) or data architect.
- Experience with Data Warehouse and BI systems; First-hand experience with Teradata and Informatica required
- Expertise in Oracle/MySQL database, as well as data modeling, both logical and physical.
- Knowledge of relational SQL databases and SQL scripting preferably with Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server or MySQL.
- Possess effective verbal, written and visual presentation skills.
- Proven skills to work effectively across internal functional areas in ambiguous situations.
- Ability to work independently, establishing strategic objectives, project plans and milestone goals.
- Working knowledge of medical claims, insurance, HIT product development, and/or consulting industries
- Possess a combination of business knowledge, technical skills, and people skills to define and guide data strategy.
- Knowledge of the underlying data and data products and the subject matter expert on content, current and potential future uses of data, and the quality and interrelationship between core elements of the data repository and data products.
- Determines the information the enterprise will capture, retain and exploit.
- Defines, implements, and documents the strategy for enterprise data, implementation and data management for new data sources, publicly available data, business-to-business partnerships and advanced Data Analytics systems.
- Gathers requirements, gains consensus, performs vendor and product evaluations, mentors business and development resources, develops documentation and delivers solutions.
- Communicates standards to developers, business analysts and end users
- Analyzes data in multiple sources to understand relationships and determine “source of truth”
- Works with vendors, partners and suppliers of data to ensure integrity of data provided or supplied
- Designs, implements, and supports data warehouse and BI tools.
- Selects BI tools, trains and assists end users with BI tools.
- Assess business processes to find opportunities for automation
- Write process documents for business area end users; Document technical systems
- Assess proposed technical solutions for conformance to specifications and business needs
- Create test cases relevant to technical solutions
- Assess results of test cases and track identified defects with technical personnel
- Act as liaison between business users and the technical personnel of third-party vendors
- All other duties as assigned.
Discovering opportunities, support and excellence – all while making a real difference in patients’ lives – begins at Mount Carmel. Find a new beginning and advance your career with us.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, physical disability or any other classification protected under local, state or federal law.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.