Bed Bath & Beyond's Marketing Technology Team strives to create a world-class digital customer experience across all channels and all of Bed Bath & Beyond's brand portfolio. By focusing on the customer first and creating an environment that stresses entrepreneurship, ownership and innovation, the team creates engaging experiences that build customer loyalty and drive revenue growth.
Bed Bath & Beyond is seeking a Data Developer within the Marketing Technology Team to deliver on business operations strategy, roadmap, and product launches. As a key contributor to the team, your responsibilities will include the following:
- Collecting and analyzing the project’s technical requirements by coordinating interviews, requirement workshops, business and workflow analysis.
- Preparing accurate and detailed requirement specification documents, user interface guides, and functional specification documents.
- Ability to communicate effectively with external business partners and internal teams to deliver the projects requirements.
- Receive ad hoc requests to analyze data within the database, summarize data concern and offer potential resolutions.
- Optimize solutions for maximum speed and scalability.
- Troubleshoot and correct system issues using database logs, connectivity tests, etc.
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- 5+ years of experience developing SQL code is required.
- 3+ years of experience developing, testing and deploying ETL procedures within Ab Initio is required.
- Experience utilizing MPP & RDBMS systems is required (Teradata, Netezza, Oracle, other)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of executives, managers and subject matter experts.
- Ability to make effective decisions under pressure.
- Ability to think analytically and should be a problem solver.
- Ability to gather and interpret relevant data and information
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or any related field from an accredited institution.
- Master’s degree in Information Technology /Computer Science is a plus.
- Retail and broad understanding of Marketing Technology is plus.
- Knowledge of Marketing CRM solutions and customer data is a plus.
If you need reasonable accommodations to complete the on-line application, please contact the Human Resource Department:
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.