At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo’s Chief Administrative Office (CAO) consists of enterprise functions that work together to promote and protect the Wells Fargo culture and brand, and support our team members. Groups within CAO work to protect our reputation, tell our story, bolster team member engagement, connect with our customers, and bring new and innovative solutions to life. CAO functions include Commitment to Customer, Corporate Responsibility & Community Relations, Data Management & Insights, Human Resources, Marketing, Stakeholder Relations, and the CAO Integration and Planning Office.
Data Management & Insights (DMI) is transforming the way that Wells Fargo uses and manages data. Our work enables Wells Fargo to empower and inform our team members, deliver exceptional experiences for our customers, and meet the elevated expectations of our regulators. The team is responsible for designing the future data environment, defining data governance and oversight, and partnering with technology to operate the data infrastructure for the company. This team also provides next generation analytic insights to drive business strategies and help meet our commitment to satisfy our customers’ financial needs.
The Data Management Solutions Services (DMSS) team within Data Management & Insights (DMI) is a new and growing organization. The team’s mission is to enable enterprise data governance capabilities, such as metadata management, data control and quality, stewardship management, etc. The team manages these capabilities in alignment with the enterprise data strategy, technology architecture, policies, and other data governance needs across the Wells Fargo enterprise.
This newly created role will report to the Metadata Delivery Solutions Manager within Data Management Solution Services. The team members will partner with business, operations and technology teams to implement data governance capabilities, support policy compliance, and assist in the implementation of strategic capabilities through initial capture and management of business definitions for prioritized application data elements. These team members will also engage in cross-functional cooperation within RMII, the broader DM&I organization and other enterprise partners to gather existing information where available in support of business data definition work.
Key Responsibilities Include:
• Work across business, operations and technology teams to capture and maintain business data definitions
• Follow established procedures to ensure data definition content is clear, accurate and follows defined standards
• Execute on a defined strategic approach to drive common definitions and business language across applications and partnering organizations with a focus on demonstrating clear business value
• Contribute to development of requirements for strategic metadata capabilities
• Partner with other DMSS teams to share subject matter expertise for documented data supply chains
PREFERRED LOCATIONS: Charlotte, NC (preferred), Minneapolis, MN; Des Moines, IA; Will consider other Wells Fargo locations within the US for the most qualified applicant.Required Qualifications
- 6+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: project management, implementation, or strategic planning
- 2+ years of data management experience
- 2+ years of experience with data analysis and documentation
- 3+ years of process definition and documentation experience
- 4+ years of financial services experience
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of BCBS-239 principles
- Familiarity with data lineage, data quality attributes, and usage history usability
- Knowledge of information architecture components, particularly, taxonomies, ontologies and controlled vocabularies
- Financial product experience; specifically a background in finance, treasury, capital
- Basic knowledge and understanding of data integrity management practices and procedures
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities and achieve results
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization; including senior leadership/management
- Experience with industry taxonomies i.e. FIBO, MISMO, Global ID
- General understanding of metadata management practices, specifically on managing business definitions, data dictionaries or business glossaries
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.