Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. is looking for a Data Integration Architect to join the Customer and Business Analytics department. This individual will have a passion for designing multi-dimensional data stores by integrating data from various data sources. These data stores will enable the Analytics Community at Bed Bath & Beyond by providing them information which is easy to access, timely and relevant.
In this highly dynamic and fast-paced environment, this individual will be responsible for initiatives such as Customer Data Integration (CDI), Data Mining and Analysis, Integration of multiple sources into subject area Data Sets. This individual will be expected to understand and implement processes that also support campaign management initiatives such as customer segmentation.
The role is positioned within Bed Bath & Beyond Inc.’s Customer & Business Analytics department. The Customer & Business Analytics department is a World Class Analytics group, responsible for providing actionable insights into various aspects of the business to drive value and support improvements within the business. Analytic focus areas include Business Performance, Customer Intelligence, CRM & Optimization as well as Web Analytics.
- Partner with Analytics Community to understand analytics needs and develop data sets that would enable the analytics community’s analytics efforts
- Partner with IT, Marketing and ecomm strategy resources in a fast paced ‘Lab’ environment to enable rapid marketing tests
- Work with cross-functional teams on the day-to-day execution of data & analytics projects and initiatives
- Produce dynamic, data driven analytic solutions to support the strategic goals of the company
- Mine and translate data into meaningful insights and recommendations for the operational and strategic business units
- Develop process improvements, analytical frameworks, share expertise with others, mentor and continually strive to improve overall contributions to the department
- 7 – 10 years professional experience in developing analytics oriented data sets
- A Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering , Marketing or Statistics. Bachelors acceptable with equivalent experience.
- Expert knowledge of SAS and SQL
- Understanding of Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, Cloudera etc.
- Proven professional experience with database development and data analysis
- Experience with Data Integration Methodologies such as ETL, CDI etc.
- Expert in technologies such as
- SAS - Enterprise Guide, Enterprise Miner, Customer Intelligence Studio
- SQL - Teradata, Netezza
- Experience with prototyping & automating Data Integration Processes
- Experience developing processes and data mining using Big Data technologies a huge plus
- Experience with CRM focused data creation such as segmentation a huge plus
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, attention to details, and the ability to multi-task
- Experience managing a few analytics projects through a complete project lifecycle
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- Be detail-oriented and comfortable with a fast-paced, structured, retail environment
If you need reasonable accommodations to complete the on-line application, please contact the Human Resource Department:
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.