Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making Healthcare data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.
The Data Entry Lead (Accounts Receivable) - Johnston, RI will be responsible for the following.
- Enter patient demographics and insurance informatio
- Enter patient charges into Practice Management System
- Work System, Payer and Claims Manager edits for all charges
- Send, answer and process To-Dos as required
- Review Electronic Billing Reports for rejected claims, and correct
- Generate billing files
- Review un-printed paper claim batches
- Review Open Electronic Claim batches
- Enter patient co-pays and deductibles
- Enter un-applied payments in Practice Management System
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma / GED or higher
- Proficient with Microsoft Word (creating and editing documents), Excel (general spreadsheet navigation and data entry) and Outlook (email and calendar)
- Hours of operation are Monday – Friday; 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM with some flexibility
- A basic understanding of Medical Insurance (i.e. Workers Compensation, Medicare, Medicaid, Commercial Payer, etc.)
- Medical Billing experience
- Previous experience working in an Accounts Receivable Department
- Ability to work overtime as business needs arise
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
- Frequent speaking, listening using a headset, sitting, use of hands / fingers across keyboard or mouse, handling other objects, long periods working at a computer
- Service center environment with moderate noise level due to Representatives talking, computers, printers, and floor activity
Careers with OptumInsight. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the Healthcare industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life’s best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Billing, Accounts Receivable, AR, Claims, Medical Claims, Healthcare Claims, UnitedHealth Group, Optum, Workers Compensation, Medicare, Medicaid, Commercial Payer, Customer Service Representative, Data Entry