About UsGiant Eagle Pharmacy - A Quarter Century Filling Real Needs. Giant Eagle's first pharmacy opened March 17, 1980 in Penn Hills, PA. Throughout the 1980's, our pharmacy growth was fueled by extending the marketing philosophy of absolute minimum pricing to prescriptions. Today, Giant Eagle serves thousands of customers every day with over 200 pharmacies. Giant Eagle pharmacy meets a variety of customer needs, from filling prescriptions and administering flu shots to conducting free health screenings and providing patient education.Position SummaryThe purpose of this position is to join and contribute to a service conscious Pharmacy team who will consistently build relationships with patients by exceeding their needs and providing safe, accurate and efficient care to achieve optimal patient, Team Member and Company outcomes. The primary contribution will be to provide Prescription Processing/Call Center services for all retail locations and execute outbound call initiatives to stimulate the growth of the business.Job Responsibilities
- Model excellent patient care by respecting, engaging and enthusiastically meeting or exceeding all patient needs.
- Effectively perform functions within the pharmacy system:
Find, add and update patient records on the computer;
Search and add insurance cards to patient files;
Check patient profiles for prescriptions and refills;
Search for doctors on the computer;
Determine the cash price of a prescription;
Set up Transfer prescriptions for Pharmacist to handle.
- Receive prescriptions and obtain any additional information required to initiate prescription-filling process and comply with all legal requirements.
- Answer telephone in a polite and timely manner and ensure accurate information is exchanged and customer is satisfied.
- Resolve customer questions and concerns by communicating effectively with the customer and the management team/support staff in an efficient manner.
- Comply with all Giant Eagle and Pharmacy policies including HIPAA and Pseudoephedrines.
- Add and update prescriptions on Refills on Time.
- Accurately read and data enter new prescriptions in the computer including billing to third parties, compounds, calculations and free form prescriptions.
- Resolve third party insurance billing issue to ensure customer requirements are met.
- Restock pharmacy supplies.
- File written prescriptions daily.
- Complete all necessary daily and weekly reports and paperwork.
- Maintain a neat and clean work environment to ensure Company and government requirements are met.
- Have knowledge of all appropriate service and business metrics and assist team on action plans to improve outcomes.
- Assist in the execution of all company initiatives and programs.
- Little or no financial or budgetary responsibility Amount of Budgetary Responsibility: \\$0
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 0 to 6 months
- Strong Customer Service Background
- At least 18 years of age
- Customer Focused
- Gets Things Done
- Interpersonal Skills
- Problem Solving
- Respect for Self and Others
- Normal office environment
- Carrying Up to 25 pounds
- Lifting Up to 25 pounds
- Fax Machine