At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo’s Chief Administrative Office (CAO) consists of enterprise functions that work together to promote and protect the Wells Fargo culture and brand, and support our team members. Groups within CAO work to protect our reputation, tell our story, bolster team member engagement, connect with our customers, and bring new and innovative solutions to life. CAO functions include Commitment to Customer, Corporate Responsibility & Community Relations, Data Management & Insights, Human Resources, Marketing, Stakeholder Relations, and the CAO Integration and Planning Office.
The Enterprise Data Governance (EDG) team is responsible for development and monitoring of enterprise-wide data governance policies, frameworks and standards, reporting and analytics, enterprise-wide independent oversight of data management risk, management of data issues, and independent testing and validation to ensure compliance with the Enterprise Data Governance (EDG) Policy.
The Business Execution, Analytics & Reporting (BEAR) function within EDG will coordinate the management and oversight of key strategic initiatives, governance, reporting, and cross-functional activities. This team has four key functions:
• Strategy & Initiative Oversight
• Reporting & Analytics
The successful candidate will play a key role in supporting EDG’s Governance function, primarily through the management of the Enterprise Data Committee and its associated processes, but also through participation in high priority data initiatives across the enterprise, and providing tactical guidance to stakeholders involved in data governance and or data management related activities.
This position reports directly to: BEAR Governance Team Lead
Key responsibilities within this role comprise:
• Provide management and support to the Enterprise Data Committee (EDC) which is chaired by Wells Fargo’s Head of Data Management & Insights. Engage other senior level executives who form the voting membership of the committee including the Chief Financial Officer, Chief Administration Officer, Chief Risk Officer, Corporate Controller and the Head of Enterprise Data Governance.
• Prepare, manage, analyze and consolidate information related to data governance and data management topics presented at committee meetings, and ensure adherence to relevant policies and standards.
• Assist stakeholders across the enterprise in the completion of deliverables required to support the ongoing Enterprise Data Committee process.
• Manage Enterprise Data Committee routines, including committee charter maintenance, agenda preparation, content gathering and consolidation, deck preparation, coordination of meeting logistics, and documentation of minutes, follow-ups, action items and event escalation monitoring across all impacted stakeholder areas.
• Perform the role of Enterprise Data Committee Administrator and liaison in the development and execution of plans, timelines, checklists and processes to ensure the committee properly fulfills its role and responsibilities in compliance with corporate policies.
Other Responsibilities include:
• Participate in high priority data initiatives across the enterprise, providing support to managers within the team to deliver effective data governance and data management subject matter expertise and advice.
• Assist managers within the team to provide ongoing tactical guidance and support to internal and external stakeholders involved in data-related activities (e.g. strategies, initiatives, tools, roadmaps, plans, assessments, etc.)
• Ensure ongoing adherence to data management/governance regulations and policies.
PREFERRED LOCATIONS: Charlotte, NC; Minneapolis, MN and San Francisco, CA; Phoenix, AZ; Irving, TX and Des Moines, IA
Data Management and Insights (DMI) is transforming the way that Wells Fargo uses and manages data. Our work enables Wells Fargo to empower and inform our team members, deliver exceptional experiences for our customers, and meet the elevated expectations of our regulators. The team is responsible for designing the future data environment, defining data governance and oversight, and partnering with technology to operate the data infrastructure for the company. This team also provides next generation analytic insights to drive business strategies and help meet our commitment to satisfy our customers’ financial needs.
- Wells Fargo Analytic and Insight Careers
- Wells Fargo
- 8+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: project management, implementation, or strategic planning
- 5+ years of reporting experience, analytics experience or a combination of both
- 3+ years of experience with data analysis and documentation
- 3+ years of financial industry experience
- 2+ years of data management experience
- 2+ years of experience with Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC) concepts
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Good analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Prior experience in managing senior executive governing committees or councils
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (at a minimum, Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint – Visio would be an advantage)
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities and achieve results
- Ability to facilitate large cross-functional meetings and negotiating priorities, solutions, outcomes
- Ability to comprehend and provide input to data management related initiatives
- Knowledge and understanding of financial industry compliance requirements
- Knowledge and understanding of technology governance
- Ability to influence and build relationships with stakeholders
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.