At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk, and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
This key Data Integrity Consultant 2 position within the Home Mortgage compliance analytics team (WF Compliance Independent Risk Management) will lead initiatives to ensure that data quality is maintained so that data can effectively support business processes.
- Consults with clients to assess the current state of data and metadata quality within area of assigned responsibility.
- Designs and conducts complex analysis to identify and remediate data quality/integrity issues and to identify and remediate process/control gaps.
- Develops and implements plans for assessing the quality of new data sources.
- Participates in developing recommendations for optimal approaches to resolve data quality issues.
- Identifies data quality metrics and executes data quality audits to benchmark the state of data quality.
- Adheres to data governance standards and procedures.
- May participate in cross-functional groups to develop organization-wide data governance strategies.
- May provide support to regulatory analysis and reporting requirements.
- May lead project teams and mentor lower level staff members.
**Preferred location: 7001 Westown Pkwy, West Des Moines, IA; however the position is open to any Wells Fargo footprint location.***Required Qualifications
- 6+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: reporting, analytics, or project management
- 3+ years of data analysis, experience, data management experience, or a combination of both
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- 5+ years of SQL or SAS experience
- Customer service focus with the ability to actively listen, elicit information, comprehend customer issues/needs, and recommend solutions
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Knowledge and understanding of financial industry compliance requirements
- Knowledge and understanding of mortgage data analysis: business analysis and data requirement gathering
- Knowledge and understanding of mortgage data analysis: creation analytics/reports in support of executive management initiatives
- Experience delivering results in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Knowledge and understanding of report creation: validation processes
- Ability to articulate issues, risks, and proposed solutions to various levels of staff and management
- Ability to identify and evaluate trends, isolate root cause, and provide swift/thorough resolution
- Knowledge and understanding of Metadata
- Project management experience
- Experience with HL systems of records such as CORE, LPS, LIS, MSP, and ACAPS
- Expertise in data warehouse, all aspects of project life cycle
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills with proficiency in Excel, Visio, Power Point, and Word
- Ability to capture and document complex business and functional requirements
- Knowledge and understanding of application or software and infrastructure testing activities with full project level engagement involving all aspects of SDLC and STLC (Software Development or Testing Life Cycle)
- Excellent problem solving and analytic capabilities utilized to identify root cause issues/improvement opportunities and design approaches/programs to address those issues
- Experience in data validation for consistency and accuracy between various interfacing systems using advanced data loading tools similar to SaS, SSIS, AbInitio, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to positively influence, motivate, and direct a diverse team to emphasize individual and group strengths
- Proven ability to collaborate with others, initiate action plans, manage change, make high impact decisions, and complete challenging assignments
- This position requires compliance with all mortgage regulatory requirements and Wells Fargo's compliance policies related to these requirements including acceptable background check investigation results. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening and required reporting of certain incidents.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.