At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Wells Fargo Compliance is the company’s compliance second line of defense function, providing company-wide leadership, standards, support, and independent oversight to ensure that all business groups abide by applicable laws, rules, regulations and regulatory guidance (regulatory requirements), meet compliance responsibilities, and manage compliance risks. Wells Fargo Compliance credibly challenges management decisions, business processes and activities, and evaluates and assesses adherence to applicable regulatory requirements. It provides appropriate analysis, reporting, and escalation to senior management and the Board of Directors, sets minimum standards for the company, and gives advice, guidance, and support for compliance risk management activities across the enterprise.
Within Wells Fargo Compliance, the Enterprise Testing group is responsible for establishing and maintaining a consolidated Enterprise Testing program at the corporate level. Enterprise Testing is responsible for developing a common methodology and standards, providing governance and oversight, executing testing; and conducting horizontal reviews. Testing and validation teams are responsible for implementing the Enterprise Testing methodology and standards, and executing group-specific testing.
Wells Fargo is expanding its Enterprise Testing program within Compliance risk. As part of this, Wells Fargo is looking it leverage data-driven insights to find, classify and predict operational risk issues. This role will lead and implement a data governance and quality model around analytical data that drives most data-related compliance and operational risk workstreams. The position requires an individual who can effectively multitask, has a vision for holistic problem solving, and a passion for improved efficiencies and accountability along the data supply chain. This role plays a critical role in assessing appropriateness of data that enters the analytical review team.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Build and execute a framework for managing the collection and maintenance of key business metadata; including data definitions, rules, lineage, lifecycle, security, privacy, process, organization, physical location and application models.
- Manage the remediation of data issues; work with application support and business teams to resolve production data issues. Analyze root cause and, with an eye towards continuous improvement, manage queue of data quality controls that require implementation to safe guard against a second occurrence.
- Support the roll out of remediation solutions pertaining to automated data delivery, metadata management, and data quality best practices required by the data function.
- Managing the data and reporting demand queue by assisting in planning sessions, story break down and business process design around data quality and reporting. Assist in creating and maintaining business process models and desktop procedures for functional leads and data-oriented business processes.
- Understand the business direction, processes, rules, requirements, deficiencies, and advise line of business data and process owners with insight and guidance to make informed decisions; escalate concerns. Own data quality certification as it relates to addressing any regulatory data demands.
Please Note: Based on the volume of applications received, this job posting may be removed prior to the indicated close date. If you do not apply prior to the closing of this posting, we encourage you to apply for other opportunities with Wells Fargo.Required Qualifications
- 8+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: reporting, analytics, or project management
- 4+ years of data analysis, experience, data management experience, or a combination of both
- Customer service focus with the ability to actively listen, elicit information, comprehend customer issues/needs, and recommend solutions
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Knowledge and understanding of financial industry compliance requirements
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization; including senior leadership/management
3+ years of database experience
Compliance and Operational Risk background
Experience in data quality analysis, testing and validation
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.