At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Data Management and Insights (DMI) is transforming the way that Wells Fargo uses and manages data. Our work enables Wells Fargo to empower and inform our team members, deliver exceptional experiences for our customers, and meet the elevated expectations of our regulators. The team is responsible for designing the future data environment, defining data governance and oversight, and partnering with technology to operate the data infrastructure for the company. This team also provides next generation analytic insights to drive business strategies and help meet our commitment to satisfy our customers’ financial needs.
There are (3) positions open for the following:
Data Quality Manager Supporting Information Technology Management Data Domain
Data Quality Manager Supporting Quality Assurance
Data Quality Manager Supporting Credit Risk, Counterparty Risk, Market Risk & Operational Risk Data Domains
Reporting directly to the Head of the Enterprise Data Quality Monitoring (eDQM) team or another eDQM Senior Manager, the Data Quality Manager’s responsibilities will lead efforts related to front end (onboarding controls), data movement controls and data quality monitoring controls supporting applications within a data domain or leading a eDQM’s Quality Assurance team. This role will interact with senior leaders across business units, functional areas, technology, and operations and make decisions on behalf of the Head of the eDQM team.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Manage the analysis and data quality rule strategies within a business group or functional area.
- Evaluates, recommends and implements data quality strategies for developing and ensuring adherence to a data integrity governance framework.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining a roadmap for data quality target state within area of responsibility.
- Provide leadership in achieving and maintaining data and Meta data quality goals. Develop strategies to prioritize and remediate data quality issues that align with business needs and/or regulatory compliance initiatives.
- Defines measurement standards and collaborates with business partners to achieve consistent agreement and application of definitions, measurements and interpretation.
- Recommend and execute the development of audits and data quality rules structure around business processes and data quality target state and metadata standards.
- Exercises the usual authority of a manager and is responsible for the management of individuals and matrixed teams focused on defining data quality requirements and delivering on data integrity initiatives.
The preferred location(s) for this job opening are Minneapolis, MN; Charlotte, NC; Dallas, TX; Phoenix/Chandler, AZ. However, we will consider other Wells Fargo locations throughout the US for the most qualified applicant.
Who We Are:
- Learn more about Analytics Career Video
- Learn more about Wells Fargo
As a Team Member Manager , you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
• Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
• Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
- 8+ years of experience in one or more of the following: business analysis, analytics, or project management
- 4+ years of data management experience, data analysis experience, or a combination of both
- 3+ years of management experience
- 4+ years of financial services industry experience
- Basic knowledge and understanding of data integrity management practices and procedures
- Good analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities and achieve results
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization; including senior leadership/management
- Expert knowledge and understanding of financial industry compliance requirements
- Knowledge and understanding of data governance challenges and approaches: metadata, data quality, and data stewardship
- Ability to present reports to and interact with senior leaders
- Knowledge and understanding of BCBS-239 principles
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and creative problem solving techniques
- Information technology experience
- Ability to manage process improvement initiatives to optimize operational effectiveness and efficiencies
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- 4+ years in data-oriented project/program delivery
- 4+ years of experience in developing data quality rules, including manual and system processes
- 4+ years of experience performing data defect analysis and remediation
- 4+ years of experience with data-related technology systems
- 4+ years of experience producing data artifacts, evidence to demonstrate adherence
- 4+ years of compliance and regulatory systems experience knowledge and understanding establishing process and procedures related to front end controls and data movement controls experience creating or maintaining data quality dashboards or metrics
- 4+ years sql development or ab initio dqe experience customer service focus with the ability to listen to customer needs and recommend solutions
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.