At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Wells Fargo Compliance is the company’s compliance second line of defense function, providing company-wide leadership, standards, support, and independent oversight to ensure that all business groups abide by applicable laws, rules, regulations and regulatory guidance (regulatory requirements), meet compliance responsibilities, and manage compliance risks. Wells Fargo Compliance credibly challenges management decisions, business processes and activities, and evaluates and assesses adherence to applicable regulatory requirements. It provides appropriate analysis, reporting, and escalation to senior management and the Board of Directors, sets minimum standards for the company, and gives advice, guidance, and support for compliance risk management activities across the enterprise.
Within Wells Fargo Compliance, the Enterprise Testing group is responsible for establishing and maintaining a consolidated Enterprise Testing program at the corporate level. Enterprise Testing is responsible for developing a common methodology and standards, providing governance and oversight, executing testing; and conducting horizontal reviews. Testing and validation teams are responsible for implementing the Enterprise Testing methodology and standards, and executing group-specific testing.
Wells Fargo is expanding its Enterprise Testing program within Compliance risk. As part of this, Wells Fargo is looking to leverage data-driven insights to find, classify, and predict compliance and operational risk issues. This role drives implementation of a data governance and quality model around analytical data that drives data-related compliance and operational risk workstreams. The position requires an individual who has a demonstrated ability for solving the problems associated with large and complex data environments, can effectively multitask, and has a passion for improved efficiencies and accountability along the data supply chain. This position will manage teams that assess appropriateness of data that enters the analytical review team, address data quality, and mapping concerns, define measurement standards and collaborates with business partners to achieve consistent agreement and application of definitions, measurements, and interpretation.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Develop and manage the implementation by Team Members of a Data Stewardship framework that will govern the collection and maintenance of key business metadata as captured by Enterprise testing teams. This framework must articulate the structure and process for capture, management, and maintenance of data definitions, rules, and lineage.
- Develop and implement a process to gather, synthesize, and maintain information regarding loan lifecycle, data security, business process, organization of data, physical location of data and systems of record. Manage team members who will be responsible for the day-to-day activities generated by this process.
- Manage team members performing complex data profiling to gain an understanding of proper use of data sources, regulatory and operational data analysis, time-series analysis, and comparative analysis.
- Establish the engagement model for identification of data quality issues and associated correction/remediation. Manage execution of engagement model by Team Members so that data deficiencies are tracked and remedied in a timely manner. This engagement model must include how data deficiencies are captured, sized, communicated, and remedied.
- Establish and maintain relationships with line of business data and process owners to ensure that issues and concerns are known and escalated appropriately.
- Design and obtain executive support for solutions pertaining to automated data delivery, metadata management, and data quality best practices required by the data function.
- Direct team members in understanding of business process design around data quality and reporting.
Please Note: Based on the volume of applications received, this job posting may be removed prior to the indicated close date. If you do not apply prior to the closing of this posting, we encourage you to apply for other opportunities with Wells Fargo.Required Qualifications
- 8+ years of experience in one or more of the following: business analysis, analytics, or project management
- 4+ years of data management experience, data analysis experience, or a combination of both
- 3+ years of management experience
- Basic knowledge and understanding of data integrity management practices and procedures
- Good analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities and achieve results
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization; including senior leadership/management
- Expert knowledge and understanding of financial industry compliance requirements
- 5+ years of SQL experience
- Prior Data Analytics experience in Compliance and Operational Risk Testing
- Experience designing and developing automated testing through data driven analysis to identify areas of risk, exceptions, or outliers.
- 10 years of client interaction work
- 15+ years of SAS experience
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.