At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company with $1.9 trillion in assets. Wells Fargo’s vision is to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 8,200 locations, 13,000 ATMs, the internet (wellsfargo.com) and mobile banking, and has offices in 42 countries and territories to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. With approximately 265,000 team members, Wells Fargo serves one in three households in the United States. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 25 on Fortune’s 2017 rankings of America’s largest corporations. News, insights and perspectives from Wells Fargo are also available at Wells Fargo Stories.Payments, Virtual Solutions, and Innovation
PVSI, led by Avid Modjtabai, brings together the Company’s payments platforms, digital capabilities, as well as online, mobile, and phone channels and innovation teams. It has six major business units, including: Cards and Retail Services; Deposit Products Group; Digital Innovation Channels; Operations; Treasury, Merchant, and Payment Solutions; and Contact Center. It also invests in research and development and strategic partnerships to design and build next generation products and customers.PVSI Control
The PVSI Control team is specifically responsible for the management of non-financial risk within PVSI, including operational risk, compliance risk, model risk, reputation risk and strategic risk.
This senior leader will be responsible for leading the Data Quality program within the PVSI business. This candidate will oversee a team responsible for ensuring that data quality processes are well controlled and data quality standards are applied appropriately within the PVSI business.
This will provide business executives and members of PVSI management with assurance that the data being used to monitor and report on the risk and control environments is complete and accurate. The Data Quality program Leader will manage a large/matrixed team of risk professionals and work cross functionally with multiple support partners. The Data Quality function will work with the PVSI business to define data standards and validate the execution of those standards, review the quality of the data used in metrics reporting and maintain the automated reporting used by the control teams and driven by the Reporting / Data Analysis / Research team. The candidate will work closely with other senior leaders across PVSI and the company in the development and execution of company’s strategies. Accordingly, critical success factors will include the ability to develop partnerships with many business and functional areas, provide insight into the economic climate and related market developments and identify trends which may present opportunities or reflect gaps in the Company’s risk management execution.The Candidate
This collaborative leader must be capable of initiating action and managing change in a fast paced environment. It requires a leader with strong relationship management, influencing, vision and execution skills. A key differentiator will be the ability to understand and operate successfully in a complex, heavily matrixed corporate environment. The role requires a sense of urgency, passion for results, and personal accountability for achievement while having ability to make timely and difficult decisions.
Successful candidate will have ability to distill complex concepts into simplified/targeted solutions, communicate those concepts effectively and ensure that all deliverables are met. They will use both vision and analysis to identify business problems and build compelling fact-based strategic recommendations. They will also have a demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong credible relationships with key stakeholder groups including PVSI Control Team Executive, PVSI Analytics and Reporting Officer, PVSI Business Unit (BU)-Aligned Control Teams, PVSI Risk-Aligned Control Teams, PVSI Business Management, Enterprise Data Governance Team, and Independent Risk Management.Specific Responsibilities:
- Define and execute data quality controls and validation
- Ensure metric and data quality consistency
- Establish and monitor automated data quality control reporting
Locations: Minneapolis MN, Charlotte NC, San Francisco CA, and New York NY are preferred but will consider other locations within the Wells Fargo footprint.Required Qualifications
- 10+ years of experience in one or more of the following: business analysis, analytics, or project management
- 6+ years of data management experience, data analysis experience, or a combination of both
- 5+ years of management experience
- Basic knowledge and understanding of data integrity management practices and procedures
- Good analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities and achieve results
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization; including senior leadership/management
- Expert knowledge and understanding of financial industry compliance requirements
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner
- Ability to develop and execute business vision, strategies, and goals
- Ability to recruit, retain, and grow high potential talent/teams
- Ability to influence across all organizational levels, particularly senior management
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Experience in risk monitoring and reporting (including risk evaluation and assessment, issues management, or risk governance
- Experience building effective Risk/Control programs
- Strong knowledge of the financial services industry, products, and regulatory environment
- Ability to lead and drive successful execution of business initiatives
- Working knowledge of PVSI relationships and transaction processes
- Strong understanding of policies, procedures, and programs to ensure appropriate and effective risk mitigation controls are in place
- Risk Certifications
MN-Shoreview: 1801 Parkview Dr - Shoreview, MN
NC-Charlotte: 401 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
CA-SF-Financial District: 550 California St - San Francisco, CA
NY-New York: 100 Park Ave - New York, NY
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.