At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
Wells Fargo’s Enterprise Data Lake (EDL) is built on Hadoop big data platform. It will host all the critical and strategic data from all the business lines of Wells Fargo, such as Capital Markets, Wholesale Banking, Consumer Banking, Wealth and Investment Management, Corporate functions, etc. Enterprise Data Lake plays an important role to support Wells Fargo’s Data Blueprint strategies to enable business capabilities, advance analytics, machine learning, and artificial intelligence initiatives. EDL handles real time, batch, and ad-hoc data in various data formats.
This Control Officer will be a key member in the data lake control within the EDL’s Data Management and Data Governance team. The candidate is responsible to work with various stakeholders, such as the Enterprise Information Security (EIS), Data Management & Insight (DM&I), business lines, technology partners, and the onshore/offshore EDL team members to ensure EDL’s compliance with the applicable business requirements and Enterprise Information Security policies. The candidate will work with various teams within EDL to identify potential data security gaps, develop operation procedures and remediation plans, and ensure the tasks are carried out by the various teams within EDL to remediate the potential data security gaps when necessary. The candidate will develop monitoring metrics and set up appropriate controls to ensure EDL’s continuous compliance with Wells Fargo’s EIS and other applicable policies/procedures and business requirements in all the data lake environments to safeguard the data.Required Qualifications
- 10+ years of technology experience
- 3+ years of leadership or management experience, in an IT environment
- 5+ years of financial services experience
- 5+ years of audit experience
- 5+ years of project management experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Knowledge and understanding of Information Technology audit and risk management
- Knowledge and understanding of emerging data platforms and analytic tools Hadoop, Aster, and R
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.