About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company with $1.9 trillion in assets. Wells Fargo’s vision is to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 8,200 locations, 13,000 ATMs, the internet (wellsfargo.com) and mobile banking, and has offices in 42 countries and territories to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. With approximately 265,000 team members, Wells Fargo serves one in three households in the United States. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 25 on Fortune’s 2017 rankings of America’s largest corporations. News, insights and perspectives from Wells Fargo are also available at Wells Fargo Stories.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology plans, tracks, analyzes and reports financial results; manages the company’s balance sheet, including funding, capital and investments; oversees internal real estate needs; drives acquisitions; is responsible for financial controls; leads corporate strategy; and works to deliver simple, safe and sound, innovative, and integrated technology products, services, and enterprise governance for our customers, business partners, and team members.
The Control Leader for Data Management and Insights (DMI) will lead front line risk for DMI. As the DMI Control Leader, the successful candidate will be responsible for identifying, assessing, measuring, mitigating, monitoring, controlling, and reporting DMI’s current and emerging risk exposures.
- Serves as single point of contact with stakeholders (e.g., Head of DMI, DMI senior leadership, Independent Risk Management, Wells Fargo Audit Services) for DMI front line risk management.
- Performs front-line responsibilities as required per the Wells Fargo Corporate Risk governing documents and related policies and standards.
- Develops and monitors controls and performance effectiveness, maintaining strong documentation and ensuring remediation is completed in a timely manner.
- Works with DMI to implement new requirements, develop effective risk programs, and identify gaps that are appropriately tracked and reported through remediation.
- Exercises credible challenge where appropriate and facilitate suitable solutions.
- Proactively monitors adherence to relevant Board-approved risk appetite and limit structures for escalating risk appetite, boundary triggers and other escalation events.
- Develops controls and execute monitoring and self-assurance activities for DMI processes.
- Develops and produces effective risk reporting to promote transparency and heightened awareness to remediate and manage key and emerging risks.
- Develops and assists in implementing appropriate risk assessment strategies.
- Works with compliance, operational risk, and business management to identify, formulate and implement policies and procedures; ensure DMI compliance with all applicable policies and procedures.
- Manages the development, implementation and monitoring of a risk-based program to identify, assess and mitigate operational risk that arises from inadequate or failed internal processes, people, systems or external events.
- Works with business management to resolve issues and address deficiencies to mitigate risk.
- Regularly influences and negotiates with all levels of management as well as high level stakeholders.
- Provides management support in the areas of metrics, reporting, and advanced and predictive analytics.
- Identify business challenges and use data analysis to help influence changes to the operations, process or programs.
- Utilizes technology and analytical tools to develop and analyze enterprise-wide data.
- Communicates findings to senior management via formal presentations, standard management reporting artifacts on a regular basis.
- Collaborates with subject matter experts across the Organization to promote data governance and stewardship, and to improve overall strategic and operational performance and insight.
- 10+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 10+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 6+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
- 7+ years of management experience
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Ability to take initiative and work independently with minimal supervision in a structured environment
- Ability to bridge and balance business constraints while ensuring risks are appropriately mitigated within the company's risk appetite
- Exceptional problem solving skills; demonstrated ability to think independently and bring insightful challenge
- Ability to think systemically, end to end with a risk management perspective
- Risk Process mapping experience
- Deep knowledge of data processes and regulatory guidance associated
- Deep knowledge of data security/privacy best practices
- Risk management and mitigation experience, demonstrated ability to develop risk programs
- Experience designing an effective control environment, e.g. Sarbanes Oxley, program management, etc.
- Experience with governance risk compliance tools, to include but not limited to e.g., SHrP, CRAS+, RCSA , RSA Archer
- Ability to work and influence successfully and build effective business partnerships
- Experience preparing executive summaries, and presentations for management/senior leaders
- Experience identifying and assess key compliance and operational risks associated mitigating controls
- Knowledge and understanding of corporate policies, standards and procedures
- Experience engaging and presenting to regulators
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.