Bed Bath & Beyond is seeking an experienced learning professional to join our team as an Instructional Specialist - Enterprise Data on the Enterprise Data Management & Corporate Training team. The Enterprise Data Management team is responsible for corporate wide initiatives such as Enterprise Data Warehouse, Business Intelligence and Customer & business Analytics. The team is responsible to design and build data stores as well as ETL processes that help move the data within the enterprise.
The key responsibility of this position will be to design, develop and implement the learning solution for Enterprise Data Warehouse and Data Analytics with an emphasis on onboarding new resources. This position will be responsible for developing written materials, including learner and vendor guides, facilitator guide and reference materials. The position requires partnership with the IT project team to develop and implement the various training programs.
- Develop, write and edit/update training programs to support company initiatives for data and analytics
- Translate technical documentation such as Data Flow Diagrams, ERD diagrams etc. to disseminate information to technical / non-technical user base
- Recognize unique training opportunities and create programs to address the opportunities
- Monitor implementation and effectiveness of training initiatives
- Partner with other groups to write/edit/format training programs launched by other disciplines
- Develop training materials which will foster the integrity of the culture that has made us so successful
- Facilitate courses to on site and distance learners in a classroom environment and webinar based environment
- Strive to ensure consistent standards for all key training and development initiatives
- Lead the development of training materials with learner-focused, innovative designs for different learning styles
- Develop Train the Trainer materials and present to district and regional trainers and supervisory personnel in effective techniques of training.
- Interact with colleagues in coordinating the scheduling and delivery of internal training programs
- Assist in opportunities to identify and bring to fruition E-learning and other new mediums for training
- Bachelor degree required
- 5 years of training experience with demonstrated success as an instructional designer
- Proficient knowledge using database management techniques using SQL, ETL and BI tools
- Excellent communication, presentation and facilitation skills
- Strong internal and external customer focus
- Independent self-starter with strong teambuilding, critical thinking, public speaking and relationship skills
- Creative approach to implementing new teaching ideas and concepts
- Ability to communicate and interact with multiple divisions and vendor partners
- Experience in developing computer based training
- Retail experience preferred
If you need reasonable accommodations to complete the on-line application, please contact the Human Resource Department:
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.