- Contribute as a Data Quality Specialist on a team that is responsible for the integrity of the data in reports and for client operations to a portfolio of Data Management and Business Intelligence assets utilized for STAR Quality rating improvements
- Analyze reported issues independently and / or collaboratively with application/data owners to determine root cause and plan to solve
- Disposition issues in a timely manner established by management team
- For issues requiring other teams’ attention, identify and assign to the appropriate teams
- Track, monitor and report the status and progress of issue resolution, to make sure they are resolved in a timely manner established by management team.
- For chronic and systematic issues, contribute to long - term solutions and continuous improvement.
- Analyze and interpret data or information (e.g., clinical, operational, Quality) to ensure they meet standards, are compliant and/or are accurate and complete related to STARS / HEDIS Technical Specifications
- Monitor and report on Key Performance Metrics to peers and leadership team
- Identify areas in operations / reporting documentation that are unclear or incomplete and obtain additional information to make recommendation/corrections
- Identify appropriate sources for data or information either internally or externally and collect data/information
- Create and send communications to stakeholders related to data issues, application releases, and other major announcements
- Undergraduate degree
- 5+ years of experience in clinical quality and/or data quality and/or quality analyst
- 2+ years of experience working with Clinical Data platforms, Data Management or Business Intelligence Solutions
- Skilled at identifying data discrepancies and proposing standard and non-standard solutions to problems
- Proficiency in Microsoft office suite such as Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio
- Working experience with SQL
- Knowledge of HEDIS and Star Quality Specifications
- Knowledge of medical claims, ICD10, and care management relationship
- Experience working in a healthcare industry
- Working experience with continuous improvement
- Skilled in successful execution of operational deliverables, developing action plans to accomplish goals and providing ongoing updates on progress
- Demonstrated passion and commitment to positive and effective customer service with track record of matching capabilities to meet/exceed customer expectations
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain focus and a positive attitude in ambiguous or high pressure situations
- Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment which requires creativity and self-motivation
UnitedHealth Group is a Fortune 6 company that offers a broad spectrum of products and services dedicated to helping people live healthier lives and making health care work better for everyone. Be part of the team. Join us and start doing your life's best work.SM
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement.
The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in health care. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well-being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our health care system. Ready? It's time to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job keywords: Data Quality Specialist, STARS, data analyst, SQL, queries, HEDIS, Data Management, Business Intelligence Solution, BI, Business Analyst, BA, UHC, UnitedHealthcare, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota