DescriptionThe Data Scientist 2 uses mathematics, statistics, modeling, business analysis, and technology to transform high volumes of complex data into advanced analytic solutions. The Data Scientist 2 work assignments are varied and frequently require interpretation and independent determination of the appropriate courses of action.
The Data Scientist 2 develops, maintains, and collects structured and unstructured data sets for analysis and reporting. Creates reports, projections, models, and presentations to support business strategy and tactics. Understands department, segment, and organizational strategy and operating objectives, including their linkages to related areas. Makes decisions regarding own work methods, occasionally in ambiguous situations, and requires minimal direction and receives guidance where needed. Follows established guidelines/procedures.
- Master's Degree w/ 3-4 years of relevant experience or Bachelor's Degree w/ 6 - 8 years of relevant experience
- Experience in using mathematics, statistics, modeling, business analysis, and technology to transform high volumes of complex data into advanced analytic solutions
- Experience in creating reports, projections, models, and presentations to senior leadership and business partners
- Experience in extracting, developing, maintaining, and leveraging structured and unstructured datasets for analysis and reporting
- Possesses an understanding of department, segment, and enterprise strategies and operational objectives, including their linkages to related areas
- Capable of making decisions regarding own work methods, occasionally in ambiguous situations
- Asks inquisitive questions and has what-else-can-be-done-with-this-data mindset and curiosity
- Independent and collaborative, comfortable to take on complex projects and drive end-to-end data/analytical solution
- Proficient in contemporary analytical/data visualization tools such as Python, SAS, MS Office Suite (Excel, Access etc.), Tableau, SQL, R etc.
Scheduled Weekly Hours40