DescriptionThe Data Scientist 2 uses mathematics, statistics, modeling, business analysis, and technology to transform high volumes of complex data into advanced analytic solutions. The Data Scientist 2 work assignments are varied and frequently require interpretation and independent determination of the appropriate courses of action.
The Data Scientist 2 develops, maintains, and collects structured and unstructured data sets for analysis and reporting. Creates reports, projections, models, and presentations to support business strategy and tactics. Understands department, segment, and organizational strategy and operating objectives, including their linkages to related areas. Makes decisions regarding own work methods, occasionally in ambiguous situations, and requires minimal direction and receives guidance where needed. Follows established guidelines/procedures.
Humana is seeking a Data Scientist who will collect multi-faceted data, analyze the information and make recommendations which drive decision making within our Population Health team.
- Primarily support the Population health team through data manipulation and data mining
- Prepare and analyze data by locating, profiling, cleansing, extracting, mapping, transforming and validating the data
- Identify key insights and opportunities where data can be leveraged to support business decisions and objectives
- Develop queries and build reports to communicate findings and recommendations with business partners and/or senior leaders
- Collaborate with multiple business teams across the organization to test hypotheses and provide actionable insights which address business needs
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Statistics, or Mathematics
- 2+ years’ experience completing data mining, manipulation, cleaning and technical analysis
- Experience using technical and analytical tools to manipulate data using Python, PySpark etc.
- Knowledge of working in big data environments
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills, especially around data acquisition and delivery
- Team player with strong interpersonal relationship, team building, collaboration and facilitation skills
- Strong verbal and written communication with a proactive approach to sharing information and solving problems
- Ability to work independently and efficiently to manage multiple competing projects and initiatives
- Exposure to large-scale clinical or healthcare data
- Desire to learn complex predictive modeling, analytics consultation, and/or in depth clinical or outcomes based analytics
- Experience with statistical methods such as linear and non-linear regression, survival analysis, longitudinal analysis, propensity score match etc.
- Understanding of epidemiologic concepts such as confounding and interaction
- Demonstration of visualization techniques and experience utilizing visualization tools (such as Tableau/Qlik)
Scheduled Weekly Hours40