At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo’s Chief Administrative Office (CAO) consists of enterprise functions that work together to promote and protect the Wells Fargo culture and brand, and support our team members. Groups within CAO work to protect our reputation, tell our story, bolster team member engagement, connect with our customers, and bring new and innovative solutions to life. CAO functions include Commitment to Customer, Corporate Responsibility & Community Relations, Data Management & Insights, Human Resources, Marketing, Stakeholder Relations, and the CAO Integration and Planning Office.
Data Management and Insights (DMI) is transforming the way that Wells Fargo uses and manages data. Our work enables Wells Fargo to empower and inform our team members, deliver exceptional experiences for our customers, and meet the elevated expectations of our regulators. The team is responsible for designing the future data environment, defining data governance and oversight, and partnering with technology to operate the data infrastructure for the company. This team also provides next generation analytic insights to drive business strategies and help meet our commitment to satisfy our customers’ financial needs.
This role is a part of DMI’s Enterprise Analytics Team – the central analytics group tasked with solving high-impact business challenges and standing up cutting-edge analytical capabilities to be shared across Wells Fargo’s analytic community. We are looking for a high performer to join our team and help us solve challenging and interesting business problems through rigorous data analysis and predictive modeling. In this foundational role, you will support Customer Genome program. This initiative is focused on creating analytically derived insights to inform development of personalized customer experience and marketing programs. As part of the core Customer Genome team, you will collaborate with other data scientists to generate innovative ideas, define analytical needs, create hypothesis, conduct data discovery, data wrangling, and exploratory data analysis, evaluate data quality, and prepare datasets for building statistical models and machine learning algorithms. You will also help training, testing and deploying machine learning models.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• Extract, transform and load data from multiple databases, validate integrity and prepare modeling datasets.
• Conduct in-depth analyses of multivariate data using parametric and non-parametric statistical techniques, cluster analysis, PCA, and time series analysis to explore and understand the underlining mechanisms behind observed patterns.
• Present data discovery results and findings; provide recommendations to other data scientists to support complex predictive modeling projects.
• Respond to ad-hoc requests from business partners to conduct data analysis to identify/quantify opportunities or address specific business questions.
• Utilize emerging analytical and programming techniques to explore internal and external unstructured and semi-structured data; recommend how these additional data sources can be used to enhance existing data and provide additional insight.
• Work with complex databases, conduct in-depth research to identify data issues, propose solutions to improve data integrity; perform other database-related analyses and projects as requested.
- 6+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: reporting, analytics, or modeling; or a Masters degree or higher in a quantitative field such as applied math, statistics, engineering, physics, accounting, finance, economics, econometrics, computer sciences, or business/social and behavioral sciences with a quantitative emphasis and 4+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: reporting, analytics, or modeling
- 4+ years of SQL or SAS experience
- 2+ years of ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) Programming experience
- 2+ years of statistical modeling experience
- 4+ years of experience with data manipulation, cleansing, and transformation
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of research and analysis
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- 1 + years of machine learning experience
- 1+ year of Python experience
- Experience working with big data infrastructure and tools (e.g., Hadoop, Spark, Hive, H2O)
- Strong programming skills using SQL, SAS, and Python with ability to manipulate data for analytical purposes and conduct statistical data analysis
- Knowledge of statistical techniques (e.g., probability, multivariate data analysis, regression, PCA, time-series analysis) and experience using machine learning algorithms
- Exceptional analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy; strong acumen diagnosing and resolving data issues to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Prior experience in a role requiring collaboration across multiple functions within an organization, ability to translate and summarize complex data into understandable, actionable information and recommendations
- Proven ability to drive each project to completion with minimal guidance while effectively managing multiple projects at a time, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.