In this role Individual will provide recommendations and actionable insights through analysis of data. Individual will need to effectively communicate results of data analysis and reporting to internal stakeholders including, but not limited to, marketing, member engagement, and leadership. Exhibits a strong curiosity about data and excels at harvesting insights from highly complex data across multiple data sources using advanced analytic approaches. Excels at telling a story with data and influencing others to adopt new ideas, products, and/or approaches. Assists in predicting emerging customer needs and develops innovative solutions to meet them.
Develop and implement effective/strategic business solutions through research and analysis of data
Harvest insights from data and present findings that will impact business objectives
Facilitate effectiveness measurement through test design, implementation support, and post-analysis for new and existing programs and initiatives
Assist in managing day-to-day results reporting and visualization for major corporate initiatives
Analyze, review, forecast, and trend complex data
Develop statistical models, forecasts and conduct statistical analysis to better understand trends, population segments and predict behaviors/outcomes
- Bachelor degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Communications, Marketing, Advertising or Public Relations or similar field
- 4+ years of experience performing data analysis
- 3+ years of experience developing statistical models and segmentation
- 3+ years of experience utilizing SQL and/or data exploration tools (such as SAS or R)
- Experience with data analytics design
- Experience working with large databases
- Master’s Degree
- Experience using Python and/or R
- Big Data/Hadoop exposure
- Healthcare industry experience
- Demonstrated ability to effectively gather requirements, probe for deeper understanding, and translate deep technical concepts to non-technical as well as technical senior stakeholders, marketing customers, and data scientists
- Demonstrated ability to manage people and prioritize deliverables
- Proven organizational skills with ability to be flexible and work with ambiguity
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Data Scientist, Technology, Data Analysis, Data Analyst, Statistical Models, SQL, Python, Data/Hadoop, San Juan, PR, Puerto Rico