DescriptionThe Data Visualization Engineer 2 builds user interfaces, visualizations, and data algorithms. Takes complex data and making it more accessible, understandable and usable for leaders to derive insights and ultimately enable them to make the better business decisions. The Data Visualization Engineer 2 work assignments are varied and frequently require interpretation and independent determination of the appropriate courses of action.
The Data Visualization Engineer 2 works with stakeholders to understand reporting needs and develop interactive, functional and aesthetically-pleasing data visualizations. Assists in the development of end-to-end sales reporting platforms. Builds interactive visualizations and front end software applications for stakeholder engagement. Can perform analytics based on stakeholder needs. Understands department, segment, and organizational strategy and operating objectives, including their linkages to related areas. Makes decisions regarding own work methods, occasionally in ambiguous situations, and requires minimal direction and receives guidance where needed. Follows established guidelines/procedures.
- Bachelor's Degree in Statistics, Business, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering and/or related field
- Experience with data extraction and analysis technologies such as Tableau, Power BI, SAS, QlikView, SQL or similar tools
- 2-5 years of professional experience developing data visualizations
- Experience taking complex data and making it more accessible, understandable and usable for leaders to derive insights
- Clear oral and written communication skills
- Flexible, dynamic personality who works well in a team environment
- Individual contributor that can work independently
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Master's degree in Statistics, Business Administration, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering and/or related field
- Experience with reporting and creating metrics for management
- Experience with using data to drive business outcomes and decisions
- Experience with Adobe products, particularly Photoshop and Illustrator
Scheduled Weekly Hours40