This is a mixed leadership and technical role that will require oversight and direction that comes from intimate knowledge of hands-on coding, data manipulation, and report creation. The Data Architect/Team Lead will need to have an extensive background designing and developing data warehousing environments, familiarity with ETL architectures, leveraging multiple sources (including MDM), as well as making enhancements to processes. The candidate should have a deep understanding of Kimball dimensional modeling, OLTP and OLAP database designs and implementation strategies. This position will also require extensive hands-on experience with Business Objects platforms leveraging SQL Server as a data warehouse. Enough additional experience with Integration and ETL tools such as Mulesoft, SAP Data Services Microsoft SSIS/DTS to facilitate architectural alignment with warehouse integrations. Primary Responsibilities:
- Participates in the definition, development and implementation of data warehouse and data mart databases and their content
- Translate requirements, source mapping documents and models into solutions
- Work with the larger Growth Technology Systems team to help develop and uphold data governance policies and procedures to ensure standardized data naming, establish consistent data definitions and monitor overall data quality for assigned data entities
- Ensure that data management methodologies include the steps, activities, and deliverables required to consistently achieve high quality data
- Ensure that the applications adhere to defined data management practices, policies and procedures
- Coordinate with and support ETL processes and practices in a high availability VLDB data warehousing and data mart environments
- Plan and coordinate API, and database roll-outs with project team members, development and database engineers
- Understanding of API based integration solutions which may consist of transactional/real-time integrations, workflow processes, and related functions and various scripting tasks
- 5+ years of extensive hands-on experience with designing, developing, and ongoing support of a data warehouse environments
- 3+ years of deep understand of data modeling, OLTP and OLAP database designs and implementation strategies.
- 3+ years of experience with metadata based API processes, and the design and implementation of metadata driven solutions
- 3+ years of familiarity with ETL tools such as SAP Data Services. Microsoft SSIS/DTS, Data Stage, Informatica
- 3+ years of familiarity with API based integration tools such as Mulesoft, Snaplogic, Cast Iron, etc.
- 3+ years of practical hands-on experience with Business Objects Data Integrator as a reporting platform
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies such as Scrum or Kanban and working in an iterative delivery model
- Strong customer relations and ability to deliver business value with technical excellence
- Understanding of in-memory, highly parallel, columnar based data platforms
- Understanding of Data Lakes, Hadoop
Optum is a diversified health services and innovation company where data, technology, people and action combine to make great things happen every day. Join us. Learn more about how you can start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Data Warehouse Architect, Eden Prairie, MN, Raleigh, NC, North Carolina