Statement of Purpose:
This position is responsible for designing and building a complex reporting and data analysis system,following best practices in multi-dimensional data modeling.Accountabilities:
- Work closely with Architects to analyze, design, and build an enterprise data warehouse system; focusingon optimizing scalability, performance and storage requirements.
- Analyze and document data and reporting requirements, interfaces with other systems, and auditingrequirements; transform requirements into long-term data warehouse architecture solutions.
- Design and build ETL programs to load and support the EDW data model.
- Develop queries, reports, dashboards, and related-reporting and analytical objects for use by end-users,per the defined methodology.
- Provide production support in the areas of security, troubleshooting, system monitoring/uptime,performance tuning, and vendor research.
- Conduct code reviews and testing; assist in creating testing and loading plans with a focus onperformance.
- Research and evaluate relevant industry trends, technology and tools, making recommendations asneeded.
- Maintain technical documentation, as needed.
- Experience designing/modeling and building data warehouses and data marts
- Demonstrated knowledge of data warehousing concepts and methodologies, technologies, and tools,and ETL Methodologies.
- General understanding of database management and inter-connectivity.
- Must be able to multi-task effectively and handle multiple development projects.
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment with excellent interpersonal and communicationskills coupled with strong analytical skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science and Information System Engineering preferred, or related field;or equivalent
- Experience developing, administering and using business intelligence reporting and analytic tools such asPowerBI and SSRS.
- Experience developing, administering and using SQL Server and Azure data concepts(Data Factories, Data Lakes, Data Bricks, etc).
- 3+ years of Enterprise Data Warehouse experience.
- Experience with D365 Finance and Operations BYOD is a plus.
- This position requires 2% overnight travel and 5% day travel.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonableaccommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Physical Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee tosuccessfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enableindividuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. Theemployee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required tostand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; climb or balance; and taste or smell.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.