Plans, analyzes, designs, implements, maintains, and controls the organization's databases. Consults with and provides guidance to database users and client groups,
often recommending tactical and strategic solutions. Performs moderately complex server-class database activities across various platforms and environments including one or more of the following: business requirement identification and analysis; conceptual, logical, and/or physical database design; data modeling and/or mapping; moderate to complex programming and coding to automate and/or support the database environment; performance monitoring and tuning; analyzing database metrics and assisting with capacity planning; planning, testing, configuration and execution of installations, upgrades and migrations; and implementing security controls. Leads, mentors and/or provides guidance to less experienced database analysts, where applicable, including guidance for troubleshooting escalated issues. May participate in the development of data/ database architectures and management policies, procedures and standards; May lead moderately complex projects.
24/7 on call requiredRequired Qualifications
- 5+ years of database design and administration experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- A BS/BA degree or higher in information technology
- Oracle Certified 10g/11g DBA
- 7+ years Oracle 11g or 12c database architecture, design and administration experience including:
- Database design, estimation and implementation experience
- Experience with ASM, & RAC
- Strong in analyzing how Oracle resources are being used during SQL executions
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and trace database related issues throughout the architecture
- Proven experience in utilizing performance tuning tools like Explain plan, AWR, Grid control or similar technologies. Understand and interpret the reports generated from tools and resolve performance issues.
- 7+ years of experience working with Linux or Unix system software
- 5+ years of experience with Dataguard and GRID Control Monitoring
- Technical working knowledge of Exadata solutions
- Technical working knowledge of Golden Gate or Oracle Replication solutions
- Technical working knowledge of layered products, networking concepts and storage system architectures and techniques
- Experience with Oracle upgrades, patching activities and patch level/release management
- Strong customer service focus
- Strong Linux perl scripting experience
AZ-Chandler: 2600 S Price Rd - Chandler, AZ
AZ-Tempe: 1305 W 23rd St - Tempe, AZ
IA-West Des Moines: 7001 Westown Pkwy - West Des Moines, IA
IA-Des Moines: 800 Walnut St - Des Moines, IA
IA-West Des Moines: 800 S Jordan Creek Pkwy - West Des Moines, IA
MN-Minneapolis: 255 2nd Ave S - Minneapolis, MN
MO-Saint Louis: 1 N Jefferson Ave - Saint Louis, MO
NC-Charlotte: 1525 W Wt Harris Blvd - Charlotte, NC
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.